Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:42 AM
Approved Member

Default I have been trying for a week now and can't get into a single realistic or Sim game

It says the IL2 server is not available. I have yet to play any realistic or sim matches. Easy matches are just terrible. Spawn, guy is on your tail, dead, spawn, guy is on your tail already, die, spawn, rinse, repeat. WTF happened here?
Old 09-17-2009, 05:04 AM
Approved Member

are you on ps3 or xbox?

Look here if you're ps3: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=9800
Old 09-17-2009, 05:04 AM
Approved Member

Default Had that problem too...

When I try to join a session of dogfight Realism there isnever 1 available. But... I can always find plenty of action very quickly if I HOST a session! Within a couple minutes I have a few guys ready to go. Not sure why I cant join a session-theyre never available-but I always have a few join when I host.
Give it a shot!
BTW...Im East coast USA, and host around 7-11 pm.
G'luck

I fly as hot-choclate ( my sons acount

ps, Im on Xbox360
Old 09-17-2009, 05:41 AM
Approved Member

try opening up ports in your router.

go to portforward.com, it will take you step by step on opening up the xbl ports for your router.

I highly suggest making your 360 on a dedicated IP in the network settings if it's hooked up to a router, google around for further tutorials about that.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:12 AM
Approved Member

Best to write down the mac, go to the router and set that mac in the dmz. You can leave it on DHCP that way if you want.
Another good thing to do is to also put that mac in the QOS (quality of service) tab and set priority to "high". Your router will dedicate the bulk of the bandwidth to the console. Anything else online will take a backseat to it so that you don't get any sags in performance. Also known as "the marriage saver" when your wife has a laptop online while you're hosting. LOL
Old 09-17-2009, 07:37 AM
Approved Member

If you're on 360 add your name to the forum silver account and just join someones party (dont wait for an invite it probably wont come but if you join one and ask what they're playin I'm possitive you can tag along) and also go to the 307th Air Wing site dedicated to playing IL2 sim mode on 360 and they'll point you in the right direction.
Oh and add my GT.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite View Post
Best to write down the mac, go to the router and set that mac in the dmz. You can leave it on DHCP that way if you want.
Another good thing to do is to also put that mac in the QOS (quality of service) tab and set priority to "high". Your router will dedicate the bulk of the bandwidth to the console. Anything else online will take a backseat to it so that you don't get any sags in performance. Also known as "the marriage saver" when your wife has a laptop online while you're hosting. LOL
ok i got my xbox mac and then i go onto my router web page but i dont see any dmz option ?? also i dont find any qos settings to alter ???

would like to set my xbox to high priority as we have 3 internet users
Old 09-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz1971 View Post
ok i got my xbox mac and then i go onto my router web page but i dont see any dmz option ?? also i dont find any qos settings to alter ???

would like to set my xbox to high priority as we have 3 internet users

They should be in there somewhere.
If accessing setup through some kind of GUI/appplicatoin, you might not find them. You need to access the router through the IP address for full features. Usually something like 192.168.1.1 (quick search on internet for your make/model router will tell you for sure). Put in user/password (usuallly ADMIN and ADMIN, but that same search will likely tell you).
You might find it here: http://www.phenoelit-us.org/dpl/dpl.html
(Trend Micro doesn't like that site, but it's ok)

On my Linksys, you find DMZ under the Applications and Gaming tab, and DMZ is underneath there. QOS is there as well. Other brands should have the same features, they're pretty basic. May just have to look around for them.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite View Post
They should be in there somewhere.
If accessing setup through some kind of GUI/appplicatoin, you might not find them. You need to access the router through the IP address for full features. Usually something like 192.168.1.1 (quick search on internet for your make/model router will tell you for sure). Put in user/password (usuallly ADMIN and ADMIN, but that same search will likely tell you).
You might find it here: http://www.phenoelit-us.org/dpl/dpl.html
(Trend Micro doesn't like that site, but it's ok)

On my Linksys, you find DMZ under the Applications and Gaming tab, and DMZ is underneath there. QOS is there as well. Other brands should have the same features, they're pretty basic. May just have to look around for them.
ok ive set my xbox up with static ip set port forwarding and set dmz but i still cannot find any settings that let you change the QOS ? but i seem to be getting better connection speeds anyhow
im on sky broadband and the router they sent was the black netgear one ??
Old 09-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Approved Member

You don't need to put the 360 in the DMZ and open ports, that's redundant. The device you put in the DMZ has *all* ports open. Not what you want to do with your computer, but fine for a console.

If your router doesn't let you put a MAC in for the DMZ,then you did the right thing setting up a static IP.

You'll need to look up info on QOS for your particular router.

None of this improves your connection speed. DMZ/port forwarding ensures that packets aren't blocked. If your 360 is "open" when you test Xbox Live, then you're fine. If it gives you notice that you may experience some issues, then it's moderate or strict. That's when you usually get comm or connection issues. Open is open.
QOS doesn't improve speed, it reserves bandwidth. You get the connection quality when someone else is using your connection that you get when no one else is using your connection. It doesn't speed it up, it just maintains it to keep it from dipping. It's used with VOIP for example to maintain your phone connection so you don't drop packets making the phone useless when using your computer on the internet at the same time.