Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Mods, discussions, links, etc.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shado View Post
Never lose faith my friend, just hair
Hey very nice and funny screenshot you got the,
I really hope that is not edited .
Please can you tell me how you got those skins into the game
as this is the only problem i am having, (as you can see on
AAS i have moved on to improving the runway testures whilst this mod
is pending.

Please please please tell me how you have done this and where I must have gone wrong, your help will be very much appreciated

Cheers

AdamB
Old 06-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Approved Member

Hi Adam, no not edited, it is in game, I was scratching my head after I was getting the same no shows as you in game so I checked everything then it dawned on me I had done a steam verify files and of course it overwrote my Launcher.exe.config

I put the lines back in and my hysterically correct chute worked, you might want to check yours.

<setting name="nativeDLL" serializeAs="String">
<value>kegetys.dll</value>
</setting>

I used Gimp in this instance:

Open up Kupol_Parasuit_Diffuse.dds in DXTBMP, then goto image command and select send to editor, this will convert it to a bmp and open up your editor Gimp,CS5 etc, providing you have told DXTBMP what you default editor is in the preferences.

So there I have it in gimp ready to go, create a layer for each adjustment that you make, that way its easly undone an you can minipulate them a lot easier.

When your happy with your adjustments flatten the layers and save it under the same name, remember it's still in bmp format at this time.
Leave your editor open that way if you have to make some more adjustments you can easily und/go back and adjust, of course if your in photoshop you can save it as a psd and this will keep the layer structure intact providing you havent flattened them, if you have just do a step back and save again once you see all you layers displayed.

Open up that bmp in dxtbmp and now save it as a dds dxt3 file.
Mine lives in : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\MODS\Chute\$bob\3do\humans\aircrew\parachute \parts

let me know how you get on.

Last edited by Shado; 06-23-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:19 PM
Ali Fish

or just use dds tools for photoshop. http://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-t...dobe-photoshop
Old 06-24-2011, 06:16 AM
Approved Member

Or just use the DDs tool that Ali kindly pointed out, as you can gather I had no idea that existed so a big thank you Ali
Old 06-24-2011, 07:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Hi Adam, no not edited, it is in game, I was scratching my head after I was getting the same no shows as you in game so I checked everything then it dawned on me I had done a steam verify files and of course it overwrote my Launcher.exe.config

I put the lines back in and my hysterically correct chute worked, you might want to check yours.

</setting>

I used Gimp in this instance:

Open up Kupol_Parasuit_Diffuse.dds in DXTBMP, then goto image command and select send to editor, this will convert it to a bmp and open up your editor Gimp,CS5 etc, providing you have told DXTBMP what you default editor is in the preferences.

So there I have it in gimp ready to go, create a layer for each adjustment that you make, that way its easly undone an you can minipulate them a lot easier.

When your happy with your adjustments flatten the layers and save it under the same name, remember it's still in bmp format at this time.
Leave your editor open that way if you have to make some more adjustments you can easily und/go back and adjust, of course if your in photoshop you can save it as a psd and this will keep the layer structure intact providing you havent flattened them, if you have just do a step back and save again once you see all you layers displayed.

Open up that bmp in dxtbmp and now save it as a dds dxt3 file.
Mine lives in : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\MODS\Chute\$bob\3do\humans\aircrew\parachute \parts

let me know how you get on.
Yes this is exactly what I did first time but I'll try it again and ill see if it will work and that I might have left soemthing out

Thanks for this

AdamB

UPDATE

Ok I tried exactly what you said, but unfortunately it hasnt worked the parachute is still a no show
I'm running on the latest version of kegetys and the latest patch of CoD (not the beta - official only)
Is it a problem with saving - in GIMP i'm saving with the default template of 24bits rather than 16 or 32 is this a problem?
Also, do i need the other files from the dumps e.g. the Kupol_parasuit_NM_MAX file and other mesh files or is it just the file I have editied?

My target for launching the game is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe" -mod=\MODS\Chute
which is fine for any other mod
And i have put the file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\MODS\Chute\$bob\3do\humans\aircrew\parachute \parts
I'm really struggleing to find where I'm going wrong, if anywhere I've checked everything and it is fine, I'm very bemused

Last edited by AdamB; 06-24-2011 at 09:08 AM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 06-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Approved Member

Hi Adam, firstly can you confirm that your Launcher.exe.config contains the kegetys lines :

</setting>

I save as 24 bit bmp files in Gimp so thats fine your doing it right just make sure you convert them back into dds files to use them, no other files are needed in this instance.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Hi Adam, firstly can you confirm that your Launcher.exe.config contains the kegetys lines :

</setting>

I save as 24 bit bmp files in Gimp so thats fine your doing it right just make sure you convert them back into dds files to use them, no other files are needed in this instance.
Yes, I'm not dumb, I have other mods running fine, like BPsound mod.
Anyway, me and Ali Fish (I say me, ali fish implemnted the whole thing, I just drew the thing) but I'm still having a few problems. I'll see what I can do tommorrow, but I've got a lot of work to catch up with, so I'm off to bed

AdamB
Old 06-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
Yes, I'm not dumb, I have other mods running fine, like BPsound mod.
Anyway, me and Ali Fish (I say me, ali fish implemnted the whole thing, I just drew the thing) but I'm still having a few problems. I'll see what I can do tommorrow, but I've got a lot of work to catch up with, so I'm off to bed

AdamB
Err I never said you were Dumb, thats what I get for trying to help you I guess, I should have known better.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Err I never said you were Dumb, thats what I get for trying to help you I guess, I should have known better.
No thats not what I meant, I had already said that I have the kegtys enabled otherwise how else would I be playing mods, as you have to have kegetys in your root folder, what I was asking if there is a special way you did it, i.e. saving as a different bit (e.g. 16 or 8 bit instead of 24 bit which is default).
Also, Ali Fish pointed out to me that you have to save as DDS DXT1 instead of DDS DXT3.

I'm really stuck and I still need help, but I'm not having a go at anyone for helping me, it was just that I had already said that I had put this command line thingy in already. No offense meant.

Thanks

AdamB
Old 06-25-2011, 09:39 AM
Approved Member

Kool bananas all is well then, sorry if I mis-read your post.

Right DXT1 you say, I save mine as DXT3 and they work, strange, there is obviously something , but what, I'm patched up to the latest version not that makes a difference.

"waiting for a lightbulb moment"