Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 10-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Approved Member

Default why so much aptitudes for a racing game and so litle for other racing games

like 7 years ago i started playing live for speed and my first interest was getting a world record

i tried four years and was 3.5 secs from record

well then i tried the simbin race series and just now i got a world record in 3 days and once got a world record in 4 hours

think that race series from simbin includes like 5 games all with the same ghostcar competition along several years and its quite massive

first this exposes that being proficient at a game is not a matter of time but aptitudes

in the begining i thought that the racing games i was bad at was due to cheating but i see now i was wrong

i atribute my proficiency at simbin racing games due to the friction physics and force feedback charactheristics which fits my ways

thats a problem with racing simulations: friction in racing tyres doesnt adjust the simplified model they cheat in college(note my dixlexia made me write cheat instead of teach but ill keep it since seems to be also my subcouncious talking

I PREFER TO LOVE WITHOUT BEING LOVED THAT NOT LOVE AT ALL
Old 10-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Approved Member

Maybe because LFS is a full blown hardcore racing simulator, and simbin series is a racing game.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Approved Member

not really lfs friction works on just full grip green and no grip red

in race series which is a SIMULATOR friction physics are more complex

in race series you can do this, not in lfs

this is the real limit beyond green grip cheat in college

edit:

youre not seriously comparing lfs physics made by 3 guys team with race series from simbin a huge team even with real drivers

Last edited by raaaid; 10-16-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

Fine. Get a world record in Iracing or Rfactor ( a simulator which real life racers use) and you have a point.

edit:

you're not seriously calling a game in which you get a world record in 3 days or 4 hours, a true to life simulator?

Last edited by hegykc; 10-16-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Approved Member

well my first world record at simbin games took me 600 hours practicing almost always the same combo, but once i got the feeling of the game now i can get them within days, im planning now to become the king of the oval and get all world records for the puebla oval with ALL cars(edit:just as that dream of mine in which i was a light dogfighting others to make the circle around the central black hole the fastest

there are pilots who are brilliant with certain tyres then the rules are changed so they cant use those tyres any more and they suck

i dont know trully i ponder also the posibility of cheating im not really sure, if you search lfs hacks appear a lot and a 3 team guys shouldnt be able to protect the game form the who world

the oval is very similar to a duel circle dogfight is a matter of who goes closer to the limit without crossing it, and i have 15 years experience on that

another posibility is that sweet point you can see in that video concerning friction lfs doesnt have it simbin has it

also dont you think having a world record at pacman or at certain pinball would be cool and show aptitudes at least for that

Last edited by raaaid; 10-16-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegykc View Post
Fine. Get a world record in Iracing or Rfactor ( a simulator which real life racers use) and you have a point.

edit:

you're not seriously calling a game in which you get a world record in 3 days or 4 hours, a true to life simulator?
simbin race series is used by real life racers as well if you wanna talk do your google homework)

i cant afford iracing i may check rfactor thanks for the hint

Old 10-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Approved Member

As i recall, when I got my G25 i tried every pc simulation out there. And LFS and especially Rfactor were the best and hardest to master.
I raced RACE 07 because I like american muscle, but it was next to impossible to spin a car in a band, no matter how much throttle you apply so I said it can't possibly be that easy.

Neither of us ever raced a real race car, but if it seems to easy, I say it probably is.

Get Rfactor and seat behind a wheel of a Ford GT40, or the Shelby Cobra, and try a hot lap...
Old 10-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaaid View Post

the oval is very similar to a duel circle dogfight is a matter of who goes closer to the limit without crossing it, and i have 15 years experience on that
What, "a duel circle dogfight" ?
At least you have 15 years of experience in flying circles....
Old 10-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegykc View Post
As i recall, when I got my G25 i tried every pc simulation out there. And LFS and especially Rfactor were the best and hardest to master.
I raced RACE 07 because I like american muscle, but it was next to impossible to spin a car in a band, no matter how much throttle you apply so I said it can't possibly be that easy.
thats because default setup is understeery but you can change this

i hate understeer so much, as a matter of fact when i was 21 thousands of a second from wr i was dreaming certain forum member was manipulating my car to make it understeery

so a litle secret of mine is slightly oversteery set up in all corner phases

my english is not very good though i have a degree in english filology but actually i just took 3 course of english most was feminist english literature

i meant tnb duel

edit:

i have no experience racing a car but i have street racing a bike whan i was younger and crazier, when raining i would drift my 500cc ktm on the road

lfs is not realistic but race series are

again in real life theres this sweet point as in seen in the video that could be defined as half grip half slide when the bike begings to vibrate and very slightly slide, lfs doesnt reflect this race series does

Last edited by raaaid; 10-16-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

Simbin has better physics than LFS, end of story. Both are good though.

Also sick of hearing "if its harder, its more of a sim." Thats just not true. iRacing is also fun, and the physics have come a long way since it began.

And this crap about real drivers playing the game...its called marketing. It obviously works on people...because you hear that argument all the time. Do you also believe Aaron Rogers loves State Farm Insurance? Micheal Phelps eating Subway helps him win his races?

True, some drivers will play certain games to get familiar with a track, but its not like since they played _____ game they won a race. Sitting in a PC chair does not come close to sitting in a car.