Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 04-10-2019, 08:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogabooga View Post
I got around it by installing JSGME to a subfolder and creating a desktop shortcut during its installation. Right-click the shortcut, and edit the "start in" to be the IL-2 root directory.

Hopefully, you still have the contents of your MODS folder...

I agree that the current state of affairs is extremely disappointing....
This is a fix for exe files in the folder. Basically, we trick the game into thinking that there aren't more exe files than there actually are

http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...wtopic&t=24242
Old 04-10-2019, 08:20 PM
AVG Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sita View Post

i suppose no anymore surprizes
and for now we need make a list of desireble 3rd party programs ...to make it work as usual ...
MAT MANAGER / IL-2 GRAPHICS EXTENDER / SWEETFX-RESHADE / CARSMASTER HD.DLL (even though you have the 24bit option) / JSGME for starters. I know you're familiar with these.
PLus these have nothing to do with anticheat online. My Microsoft Security Essentials would define 4.14 installer as malware. Why? Because the 414 installer didn't even ask for permission or to let you answer yes/no to remove programs from your hard drive. If NO, then inform the user that the game will not be updated & it's business as usual with 4.13.4. That IMO was total BS.

Last edited by Ice_Eagle; 04-10-2019 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:39 AM
Ask me if I care

True that.
Add IL-2 Selector to the list and then, consequently, better get rid of the idea of checking executable files and libraries completely, because it's pointless and your "anti-cheating" mechanism isn't working either way. The "best" you get of it is locked-out users who didn't ever touch their plain vanilla game.
IL-2 Graphics Extender, SweetFx and IL-2 Selector are subjected to continuous change, therefore your attempt to check the contents of such files means that you forbid these relevant game enhancements, meaning that you'd attempt to make the customer experience worse.

This "anti cheat" thing is a laughing stock anyway - as long as side-loading DLLs is still an option (and you can't get rid of that), what's the point?
Take back that file check/prohibition thing, take your time to reconsider, and everyone will be happy.

Oh... and don't forget to take down the malware patch in the meantime.
Thanks.

Cheers!
Mike
Old 04-11-2019, 11:45 AM
Approved Member

+1