Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 04-06-2019, 01:32 PM
Approved Member

This "Tolwyn accident" is a reminder about rules of safety. Back up or be sorry...

Actually, this game is very convenient in terms of installation. Make several of them, as many as your disk can sustain, each version you like, modded or stock.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:45 PM
Approved Member

The issue is you should never need multiple installations.
I've NEVER had multiple installations. I've been able to back-patch, forward-patch, and even activate mods with...

JSGME.

This is the first time I've ever needed 2 installations.
My main install is natural 4.13.x. With a couple clicks, I can be 4.09m, 4.10, 4.12m (for HSFX), and then activate HSFX with another click.

Usually IL2 installations can be backdated / retro-verted with a single click that moves literally 1-4 files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlee View Post
This "Tolwyn accident" is a reminder about rules of safety. Back up or be sorry...

Actually, this game is very convenient in terms of installation. Make several of them, as many as your disk can sustain, each version you like, modded or stock.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:12 PM
Approved Member

Ok. Got it working like before.

My main install is 4.14.m and can retro-back to 4.13.x at one click (and then back to 4.12m/HSFX).

Nice (and grumble for all the hoops).
Old 04-07-2019, 02:50 PM
What the heck...?

Hard to endorse a product that not only removes user files without consent or notification, but also refuses to run anymore at all when DCG is used.

Absolutely one of the best ever third party add-ons to ever come around for this sim - one that doesn't actually modify anything except copy and paste the DGen executable as a backup - and 4.14 not only shuts it down, but shuts itself down as well.

I was about to install Mat Manager for 4.14, bit I think I'd better skip that now...

For all the great content 4.14 has, these gaffes make going back to 4.13 look that much more appealing. Sorry to sound so cynical, but c'mon...
Old 04-08-2019, 09:54 PM
Approved Member

It is very pity to hear about that what here is called "Tolwyn accident". Do I understand it well, that the new version has an essential functionality undescribed in read-me?
“Some about half year of more we collect information from any versions of il2” and did not find ten minutes for description or just a little warning? Somebody was humbly silent about his work.
Could you at least now exactly describe your newest functionality, tell us, which files and which folders it affects?
Are there more surprises in the new 4.14 version? It was said here that this is a reminder about rules of safety. Yes, it was. Please, remember, how easy you could lose others confidence…
Sincerely
HaFu1939
Old 04-08-2019, 10:32 PM
Approved Member

for us it's pitty too infact ...

when we worked on it, we not planning to make some harm to any 3rd party program.. all what we want do it's standardize files and from that base make secure mechanism ...
and ofcourse there was no any thought to special disable JSGME or DCG ... mat manager ... it's really was accidental .

i suppose no anymore surprizes
and for now we need make a list of desireble 3rd party programs ...to make it work as usual ...

and we agree that lines in read me about what will happend during instalation was better do like warning and not small ... big red

so for now better avoid 4.14 ... till hotfix for it...

for us it's even more unpleasent situation ... please excuse us for all that difficulties what we bring to users

Old 04-09-2019, 04:27 PM
Approved Member

Default Update

IL2 4.14 Won't even start if JSGME.exe EXISTS in the folder.

Yeah, this is not acceptable.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:31 PM
Approved Member

working on it...

it will be fixed... JSGME and support of other 3d party programms...

Old 04-10-2019, 02:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolwyn View Post
IL2 4.14 Won't even start if JSGME.exe EXISTS in the folder.

Yeah, this is not acceptable.
I got around it by installing JSGME to a subfolder and creating a desktop shortcut during its installation. Right-click the shortcut, and edit the "start in" to be the IL-2 root directory.

Hopefully, you still have the contents of your MODS folder...

I agree that the current state of affairs is extremely disappointing....
Old 04-10-2019, 07:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogabooga View Post

I agree that the current state of affairs is extremely disappointing....
tottaly agree(( we working on it