Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 03-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Approved Member

Unfortunately, my third experiment was not successful. The game uses its own internal hardcoded XML Schema files which cannot be edited, so adding new special abilities is out of the question.

Quote:
I was talking about fully manageable ship (all weapons and systems changeable through the trade station menu).
Yes, it is doable, I have done it. I have a fully managable Lion with 10 Turrets, 6 systems, and 4 GKGuns (this is for my Liger version without the GKTurrets)

Quote:
I'd like to add a spawn of enemy ships like in Rescue Ternie quest. When you flying to the gate Greys show up from nowhere and attacks you immediately. This what I'd like to get.
What exactly is going wrong?
Old 03-25-2010, 08:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaki View Post
Unfortunately, my third experiment was not successful. The game uses its own internal hardcoded XML Schema files which cannot be edited, so adding new special abilities is out of the question.

Yes, it is doable, I have done it. I have a fully managable Lion with 10 Turrets, 6 systems, and 4 GKGuns (this is for my Liger version without the GKTurrets)
Please, let me know how !!!

Quote:
What exactly is going wrong?
This is the problem - nothing. no CTD, no errors. Simply nothing. I've tried something like this:

Quote:
function New_Gray_Attack()
NewGreyFlight("Grey_Group", "greyA1", mothership:GetPosition()+Vector3(60, 5, 0), 1, 17, Vector3(-1, 0, 0));
countf = flight_greyA1:GetPilotCount();
for i=0,countf,1 do
pilot_tmp = flight_greyA1:GetPilotByNumber(i);
ship_tmp = pilot_tmp:GetShip();
ship_tmp: PlayFX("Cloak Out.shfx");
end;
NewGreyFlight("Grey_Group", "greyA2", mothership:GetPosition()+Vector3(0, 5, -70), 1, 15, Vector3(0, 0, 1));
countf = flight_greyA2:GetPilotCount();
for i=0,countf,1 do
pilot_tmp = flight_greyA2:GetPilotByNumber(i);
end;
NewGreyFlight("Grey_Group", "greyA3", mothership:GetPosition()+Vector3(-40, 5, 65), 1, 15, Vector3(0.5, 0, -0.5));
countf = flight_greyA3:GetPilotCount();
for i=0,countf,1 do
pilot_tmp = flight_greyA3:GetPilotByNumber(i);
end;
end;
I've added group declaration in region "activate.script" file too. I want this function to be executed by quest dialog. Could you post your working function and other necessary changes?
Old 03-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Please, let me know how !!!
The trickiest part is matching the references... Each turret, GKGun, and GKTurret has a reference, each reference MUST be unique, and than match the references to the INI. For example, the 'down_left' reference in the IMD file must match to the 'down_left' reference in the INI file.

Quote:
This is the problem - nothing. no CTD, no errors. Simply nothing. I've tried something like this:
I will look through it and ponder, I tend to prefer to review code slowly and carefully. Best way to debug it.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
The trickiest part is matching the references... Each turret, GKGun, and GKTurret has a reference, each reference MUST be unique, and than match the references to the INI. For example, the 'down_left' reference in the IMD file must match to the 'down_left' reference in the INI file.
I know that and I make each unique but it doesn't help. Could you upload your ship files, PLEASE!!! I can check them myself and find what I'm doing wrong.

Quote:
I will look through it and ponder, I tend to prefer to review code slowly and carefully. Best way to debug it.
I've copied this function from mission 13c file SavingFriend_c_XT24.script. Maybe you check there and find out how to implement similar function.
Other problem may be activation of this function during dialog. I would like that dialog will close immediately after player choose the answer and ships will pop up.

Below fully working mothership buying function with price check. Price is set to 666 credits and must be set separately for each ship here. Script doesn't check the price in carcasses.xml. I've changed Elio maintenance station so portal reactivation is set for 4 portals there.

Quote:
function DialogR_buy_Rhino()
local N=GetPlayerCredits();
if (N>=666) then
NewFlight("myGroup_5", "nm", "Mothership_corporate_pl1", "BasePilot", mothership:GetPosition() + Vector3(0, 0, -70), Vector3(0, 0, 1));
mothership_old = mothership;
mothership = SetPlayerMotherShip(ship_nm_1);
SubPlayerCredits(666);
PortalTrigger_PORTAL_R:SetObject(mothership);
PortalTrigger_PORTAL_L:SetObject(mothership);
PortalTrigger_PORTAL_U:SetObject(mothership);
PortalTrigger_PORTAL_D:SetObject(mothership);
PortalsActivate_Action();
GetShipName(mothership);
CreateTradeStationDocking(TRADE_STATION,mothership );
CreateRepairStationDocking(STO_Station,mothership, 140,5);
OutputToScreenLog("#UI_MothershipBuy",7);
else
OutputToScreenLog("#UI_MothershipBuyFail",7);
end;
end;

Last edited by Goblin Wizard; 03-25-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I know that and I make each unique but it doesn't help. Could you upload your ship files, PLEASE!!! I can check them myself and find what I'm doing wrong.
Go a few pages back, I uploaded the Liger a few days ago actually ;3

Quote:
I've copied this function from mission 13c file SavingFriend_c_XT24.script. Maybe you check there and find out how to implement similar function.
Thanks... I will take a peek.

Although, if you are starting off, I recommend adding a script closer to the beginning of the game so it is much easier to test.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Go a few pages back, I uploaded the Liger a few days ago actually ;3
I've just done it. When I try to put 6th turret into slot I get this info "This device cannot be installed into this socket". First five - no problem. What's going on?

Quote:
Although, if you are starting off, I recommend adding a script closer to the beginning of the game so it is much easier to test.
This is not a problem. All you need is just reenter the system so good save is enough.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I've just done it. When I try to put 6th turret into slot I get this info "This device cannot be installed into this socket". First five - no problem. What's going on?
Its doing that with the Liger?

Perhaps collission detection being a little fidgety... I do know that its hard to get things in the proper places when you squeeze the slots that close together. Try double-clicking on the turrets in your inventory, they should automatically go to the first available slot.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
What are you trying to achieve exactly?
Old 03-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastix View Post
What are you trying to achieve exactly?
I was trying to add a fifth Summon ability. There are currently four, SummonNavy, SummonKfni, SummonBerserk, and SummonPrec.

The problem with this is that for every new special ability you add into the game, you have to add it to the appropriate XMLSchema files (allspecials.xsd and specials.xsd), however, I learned that the game uses its own internal version of the XMLSchema files which cannot be accessed.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Its doing that with the Liger?

Perhaps collission detection being a little fidgety... I do know that its hard to get things in the proper places when you squeeze the slots that close together. Try double-clicking on the turrets in your inventory, they should automatically go to the first available slot.
Forget it. I feel like stupid. I've forgot about limits in carcasses.xml. Sorry to bother you