Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Approved Member

Thats the point I was making. every country had their pride, as we do. We deserve to be proud, as all the other countries for what they accomplished in history. But, I am not afraid to claim my own part of arogance. There are steriotypes in all cultures, and arogance is ours. I remember years ago I think it was a china diplomat I cant remember called Americans fat and lazy. It pissed everyone off. Me included.. But guess what.. He was right, even though I feel he was out of line saying it in his position..

Anyway.. Nuff of that.. Anyway... A Korean version would be cool. I actually suggested that in the Dev area.. I love prop planes, but also love the early jet era.

I did not know it was a russian development. I thought british.. But no matter.. But I knew it was not American..
Old 10-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudorp15 View Post
Thats the point I was making. every country had their pride, as we do. We deserve to be proud, as all the other countries for what they accomplished in history. But, I am not afraid to claim my own part of arogance. There are steriotypes in all cultures, and arogance is ours. I remember years ago I think it was a china diplomat I cant remember called Americans fat and lazy. It pissed everyone off. Me included.. But guess what.. He was right, even though I feel he was out of line saying it in his position..
Jeez, so now we're fat and lazy in addition to being self centered and arrogant? Speak for yourself dude, last I checked Americans work more hours a week on average than any other western country. Are you sure you're an American? You seem to have a very low opinion of this country. I'm just messing with you, but actually that checks out; *note to Europeans: if theres anything Americans love to do more than talk about how awesome we are its talk about how awful we are! Just step into any university history department and you will see.

Last edited by Doktorwzzerd; 10-23-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
If I could add to that.. I think it is a very slippery slope to undertake in a game like this. I also know that Asia has a large gaming community. Maybe even larger than North America. If they add a Pacific Theme, how will that sit in the Japanese markets? I am not so sure they want to be a part of the reminder of the scars they still have today from the war. For us, it would be a cool facet of BOP, but other cultures, and perspectives may not embrace it like we, and the other Allies would...
Just out of curiousity, are there many Germans or Italians out there who enjoy the game? I've already confessed to feeling a pang of guilt when I shoot at a Hurricane or Spitfire, and I'm from the USA.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Please do not take this next comment out of context. I am also a proud American, and also a USAF veteran. But, I am also open minded, and tend to have the talent to see other perspectives, and am very aware of our (American) faults. One of them being we are a very arogant culture, and tend to think everything revolves around us.
Just saying..
I'm definitely one of the "arrogant ones who thinks that everything evolves around us"
Old 10-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Approved Member

yeah.. i am.. red blooded American.. Also a decorated veteran that did what I had to do to maintain my rights as well as yours.. I am an American, and own my good and my bad..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktorwzzerd View Post
Jeez, so now we're fat and lazy in addition to being self centered and arrogant? Speak for yourself dude, last I checked Americans work more hours a week on average than any other western country. Are you sure you're an American? You seem to have a very low opinion of this country. I'm just messing with you, but actually that checks out; *note to Europeans: if theres anything Americans love to do more than talk about how awesome we are its talk about how awful we are! Just step into any university history department and you will see.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
yeah.. i am.. red blooded American.. Also a decorated veteran that did what I had to do to maintain my rights as well as yours.. I am an American, and own my good and my bad..

It's cool man, I'm just playing with you, thanks for your service.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Just step into any university history department and you will see.
This man speaks the truth Any History or Political Science lecture these days is more times than not -- a real "gag fest"

I was fortunate enough to have had a few active duty Naval Officers as professors -- but they were the minority.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Approved Member

It's all good bro.. No worries.. And thanks..

Quote:
It's cool man, I'm just playing with you, thanks for your service.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Approved Member

History is a good thing. I wish every kid in school took it more seriously. But it is the stuff that is never written in the history books that haunt us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoraNine View Post
This man speaks the truth Any History or Political Science lecture these days is more times than not -- a real "gag fest"

I was fortunate enough to have had a few active duty Naval Officers as professors -- but they were the minority.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Approved Member

Actually, this is kind of an arrogant request imo. The developers did a great job on this game and your telling them that they need more US in it. Play any other WWII game and you'll most likely get American missions. Even though you guys were originally gonna stay out of the war until you got attacked by the Japanese in 1943 (Is that correct, 1943?). That's like me asking for a Canadian perspective for once. You think your misrepresented! We're not represented... I think it's refreshing to have a WWII game with a low American presence for once. Yes, the US helped win the war, but so did everyone else, and they fought for much longer. The perspective that is put out there is that you guys won the war and without you it could not happen. The game is great, so stop complaining. (I guess you just can't please them all though right... Everyone always wants something more...)