Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 06-28-2017, 01:28 PM
Approved Member

Are people still working on this?

I am really excited about it, seems like a lot of people like the mod. After I list my Dark Side save at around 80% of the game I stopped playing. Now I want to try something new and I see this mod!

Should I just wait for further development ? Or play it now?
Old 06-28-2017, 02:04 PM
Approved Member

I recommend you start downloading right now (it may take some time). As far as I know the mod is ready and playable (we were discussing about minor adjustments here).
Old 06-28-2017, 03:37 PM
Approved Member

Does this only work on steam version? I installed this on a clean Warriors of the north game and now nothing happens. I click the KBwotn.exe and nothing happens.

I can't see any other exe file to click.

This is what I did:

1)Downloaded the file.
2)Unpack in the MAIN game folder(in my case it was D:\me\Games\King)
3)Click on the KbwotN.exe

Nothing happens. what am I doing wrong?
Old 06-28-2017, 04:54 PM
Approved Member

The mod is a complete game in itself. You must not install it over the original game. In Steam, you rename WoTN and then put the mod in the same folder and name it King's Bounty - Warriors of the North. I suppose it would not work outside Steam, but I'm not sure.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:06 PM
Approved Member

Well I outlined what I did, the files where rewritten and now nothing happens when I click.

If someone has any ideas or solution I would be glad. really want to try out this mod!
Old 06-28-2017, 07:26 PM
Approved Member

As I said, you must not rewrite anything but put the mod where the WoTN was and rename it so that Steam recognizes it.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robizeratul View Post
Are people still working on this?

I am really excited about it, seems like a lot of people like the mod. After I list my Dark Side save at around 80% of the game I stopped playing. Now I want to try something new and I see this mod!

Should I just wait for further development ? Or play it now?
Play now, yes, only 1 major bug in 1.1: if you get map to Fefne Islands, don't take the portal to Fyfne Island, you get crash issues, then. Else it is just minors or adjustments, which I note for a version 1.2 later.

We are not working at the moment only doing patches for this Bonfire 1. We talked about Bonfire 2 but at the moment the energy is not there. Awaiting Terrion to make a breakthru first with an issue... having a break this summer too...
Old 06-29-2017, 11:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robizeratul View Post
Well I outlined what I did, the files where rewritten and now nothing happens when I click.

If someone has any ideas or solution I would be glad. really want to try out this mod!
installation guide is at the first post in this thread. VERY IMPORTANT TO RENAME EXISTING WOTN DIRECTORY BEFORE INSTALLING BONFIRE !!!!!!!

If you made this mistake, delete the directory and install again.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
installation guide is at the first post in this thread. VERY IMPORTANT TO RENAME EXISTING WOTN DIRECTORY BEFORE INSTALLING BONFIRE !!!!!!!

If you made this mistake, delete the directory and install again.

I do not understand. My directory was named "KING". I installed the game from GOG.

1)Download the file
2)Unpack into main directory (D://Games/King)
3)Overwrite files
4)Klick KBWotN (can't find anything else to click)
5)Nothing happens. Game not working. Worked well before.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:18 AM
Approved Member

not sure what you mean by GOG, anyway, Bonfire should be installed in the same directory you have installed WoTn, same place, but you have to either remove or rename existing WoTn Directory. After installation of Bonfire you will see the "same" directory name 'Kings Bounty Warriors of the North' or so, this will be Bonfire, which you will see when you start the game.

hope it helps. We haven't had installation problems before, so you must be doing something wrong.