Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 05-31-2013, 06:49 PM
Approved Member

Default Hurricane brakes

I have started to fly the Hurri after my PC crashed and have rebuilt CoD with MOD and am very pleased with the results. I am having problems with the Hurri and Spitfire. The brakes are set, my Saitek pedals are working but no blue writing shows up, pressing "B" or the pedals does not release so I nose over. In PCPilot article, says brake lever is on JS but I get no mouse arrow response to release brakes...just wild MG firing. Lower fitting at base of round grip does not respond. My favorite Bf 110 and Ju 87 working fine and my pedal action gives me blue % response. Nothing for Spit either. As usual, I am missing something obvious so please feel free to advise me. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:16 PM
Approved Member

Hi zahnartz62,

With the default key settings, pressing and holding the 'B' key will give you full brakes in British planes. Releasing the 'B' key will give you brakes off.
Differential toe braking was not used in British planes in WWII.
In order to brake with either the left wheel or right wheel you must tap (or hold the key if speed low enough) the 'B' key whilst applying left or right rudder to steer in the appropriate direction.
Alternatively you can set up key bindings for left brake and right brake.
In the cockpit the brake lever is the 'bar' that runs at a slight angle from vertical across the 'hoop' of the spade grip; but how it is used in the clickable cockpit scenario I'm afraid I do not know.

~S~
Old 05-31-2013, 09:09 PM
Approved Member

Perfect..thanks!!
Old 05-31-2013, 09:42 PM
Approved Member

Yes,think of the operation of the British aircraft brake like you would operate a bike brake,press on/off as you need it.........but don't hold on completely

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!