Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Mods

Mods Everything about mods

Old 11-13-2008, 10:51 PM
Approved Member

Talking Mod: "The Next Generation"

The Next Generation is an attempt at balancing the children of the protagonist, both among each other as well as with the items which places they occupy. As things stand, the general practice is to either not have kids at all or use cheats/file editing to get the ones that aren't complete shit. Hopefully this mod will rectify that flaw by making their abilities more alluring and satisfying. Enjoy, your wife is now officially a superbaby-making machine.

The Next Generation v1.12b (let me know if the link stops working)

NOTICE: Due to localization issues, Nobilis users are required to open the KFS archive using appropriate software (WinRAR or 7-Zip) and change the prefix of the LNG file from eng_ to en_ in order to see the changes in-game.

I'm releasing this as a beta on principle because although I've tested this myself, it takes more than one person to consider every possibility. Unfortunately there wasn't enough interest or time for me to actively look for beta testers, hence I will leave it as such for the time being. I realize that although this mod is supposed to resolve balance issues, some things might still need a little touch-up, so if you think something could have been done better or should you find any bugs, please post in this thread so that I may fix the issue. Other types of feedback are fine too.

That said, here are the new stats (changes in the last version marked with an asterisk):

Adamus
  • +20% Attack
  • +10% Damage bonus

Homer*
  • +5 Attack
  • +10% Critical chance

Serj
  • +20% Defense
  • +10% Magic resistance

Gabriel
  • +5 Defense
  • +10% Physical resistance

Gandalf*
  • +20% Intellect
  • -10% to Leadership requirement of allied mages

Googlik
  • +5 Intellect
  • +10% Gold after battle

Aiven
  • +30% Mana

Elly*
  • +20% to Mana
  • +2 Intellect

Laura*
  • +10% Mana
  • +50% Mana recovery

Angelika
  • +10 Mana
  • +2 Mana replenishment during battle

Alexander
  • +10% Leadership
  • +1 to Morale of allied troops

Joan*
  • +1500 Leadership
  • +10% Damage bonus

Richard
  • +7% Leadership
  • +1 to Initiative of allied troops

Robert
  • +5% Leadership
  • +1 to Speed of allied troops

Skye**
  • +50% to Rage increase during combat
  • +100% slower loss of Rage after combat

Emmanuel
  • +20% to Rage
  • +10% Health of allied troops

John
  • +10 Rage
  • +30% Rage increase during battle

Dmitry*
  • +20% Experience in combat

Neiron*
  • +10% Experience in combat
  • +10% Experience to Rage Spirits

Anna*
  • +8 Scrolls
  • +30% Magic resistance

Ambrella*
  • +4 Scrolls
  • +5 Mana
  • +30% Combat spell damage

NOTICE: Due to localization issues, Nobilis users are required to open the KFS archive using appropriate software (WinRAR or 7-Zip) and change the prefix of the LNG file from eng_ to en_ in order to see the changes in-game.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TheNextGeneration.Beta.v1.1.2b.zip (7.0 KB, 2749 views)

Last edited by Keneth; 05-16-2009 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Added a notice, thank you for noticing!
Old 11-14-2008, 12:26 AM
Approved Member

Looks nice! Now I want all of them at once

Btw, you can attach the file in the post itself, no need for an external site. Would be much simpler.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:01 AM
Approved Member

Heh, didn't think of that, I usually make much larger mods so that forum limits are too restrictive to use that option. But on the other hand, to download attachments, you have to register on the site which is slightly annoying for someone who just wants to get the file and like this I can also post the file link elsewhere instead of linking to this thread.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Approved Member

Looks good, if a bit overpowered at first glance.

I'll definitely try it out.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Approved Member

Well I scrolled through all the existing items in the game to get a rough feel of how strong the babies should be so as to compare to the stronger artifacts and weapons that you can acquire. Surely some things are bound to be overpowered as I've never even finished the game myself and I don't quite fully grasp the in-depth rules. For instance once I figured out that each point of intelligence increases your spell efficiency by 10%, the magic type babies just didn't feel right again. But that's why I could use some useful feedback so that I can fix things as soon as possible.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Approved Member

wow nice work, those babies are better than mine but as you mentioned Elly is for sure overpowered, same for Adamus i think.
Angelika is so cool and Alexander
Old 11-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Approved Member

I'll definetly try that out next game I play as the babies I got for my Mage are pathetic. Stupid frog.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Approved Member

Adamus could possibly be somewhat overpowered at the end of the game, yes. Depending on how high your attack is at the time, you could get a huge damage bonus. At the moment I'm looking at how to fix Elly and Gendalf, the latter has a bit of a problem as there is no "-X% leadership req of all units" item mod, there's only a handful specific ones which combined do cover a lot of the units but not all of them. A possible workaround could be to change the parameters of the function for griffins by expanding it to all units but this would mean that I would have to completely change that griffin banner which gives -30% leadership req for griffins. Not a big price since I reckon not many people use it but I'd rather see I didn't have to make compromises to make something work. The actual functions are probably hardcoded so at the moment I don't see any alternatives other than changing what the baby does. Thoughts?

Oh and as a side note, making new babies probably shouldn't be much of a problem, if anyone has any nice ideas let me know. Haven't tested it yet though, will get around to it once I finish the game (in a day or two).
Old 11-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Approved Member

I would suggest not as many % values but more absolute values, also +gold and +experience are in my eyes still a waste of a slot (even +1 int is better than +5% gold). I still dont like the idea of a random bonus tho. So since my second game im playing no babies . I hope the expansion will 'fix' this.

Last edited by MajorS; 11-16-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Approved Member

Percentile values are weak early on and strong(er) later in the game. And yes, gold bonus is rather useless, even on impossible you probably get enough gold, hence I gave it to Googlik who has a +5 intelligence bonus (which is a whooping +50% to spell efficiency!). As for experience I'm not really sure, I find that a good bonus but yeah, it seeems like a waste of an item slot, I'm considering adding a more effective bonus, or at least double the gain.

Oh and as I understand it, there won't be any spouse system in the "expansion" (let's face it, it's a sequel ), so there won't be any babies to worry about (can't really fight when you're pregnant, now can you?).

Last edited by Keneth; 11-16-2008 at 07:06 PM.