Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:05 AM
Approved Member

Default Moral bug with Droids?

Hey all, I'd been wondering what was going on here, until I saw this mentioned off topic in another thread - Is this recognised as a legitimate bug:

I realise that Droids always have nutral moral. However I have currently 2 stacks of repair droids (split), 1 stack of guard droids, one stack of Paladins and one stack of Red Dragons.

I also have equiped the Army Drum artifact, which gives +1 Moral to all troops (although I understand that this will have no effect on Droids)

After a while I realised that only my Paladins were getting the +1 Moral, but not the Red Dragons. And, a comment made by another poster made me click that it might have something to do with the droids.

As a test, I removed the Army Drum, and monitored the Paladins drop to neutral (i.e. happy face down to normal face). I then re-equiped the army drum, and only the Paladins went back to positive, not the Red Dragons.

I saved my game, removed the Army Drum, and then swapped positions between my Guard Droids and my Paladin. I then re-equiped my Army Drum, and the Paladins remained at neutral.

It seems like once you have a droid in an army spot, that spot can never go above neutral moral, despite what moral boosting items or effects you have. To make that worse, you can't roll back to previous saved games - Once a spot is affected, it's permenant. If I restore a previous saved game, before swapping the Paladin and Droids, they are still not affected by the army drums, even though the swap was performed after the save game was taken - It seems like once a droid is put into a cell, that cell remains hard wired to neutral for all versions of that game.

It's not the case for negative moral though. If I equip Royal Griphons and Dragons, the Griphons go into bad moral because of their 'Dragon Dispiser' trait. That's even if a Droid has occupied that cell previously.

The problem for me is now I've had a Droid in every cell (moving them to get better positions at the start of the fight), so I can't get any higher than neutral moral for any of my troops.

This is with version 1.2

Does anyone know a way around this?

Regards
Old 03-04-2010, 02:39 AM
Approved Member

I don't have such a problem with my version of the game; see attached screenshots of my Bone Dragons still having positive morale (from the Black Knights) even as they are swapped positions with my Guard Droids.

Version 1.2 build 5730; digital download purchase from Gamer's Gate.

I feel for those that do have this bug in their copy of KBAP... droids are quite powerful and would compliment a lot of army builds.

I haven't tried it out with morale-boosting items though since I don't have such items right now to test this. Perhaps this is just a bug concerning morale boosts from items? I mention this since you did say that morale changes from Dragon Despiser trait still shows. I'll see if I could test this further in my version.

EDIT: Whoops! Looks like I spoke too soon, I DO have the bug in my copy. But it is not an all-encompassing bug; for now, I can only confirm that it affects morale boosts from items; see attached screenshots of how Pirates with a morale boost from the Ring or Arianna lose the boost when transferred to a slot that used to be occupied by droids.

Good thing for my army I don't rely on morale boost from items. Also good for me is that I haven't started building up the Mind tree; I'll just do it in one go, accumulate Mind runes for now, then see if the Voice of the Dragon still confers morale boost to my Bone Dragons.

As for a workaround, have you tried doing an uninstall and a reinstall? Just make a backup of your save game files first, though I think they are unaffected by an uninstall.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shot 1.JPG (172.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg shot 2.JPG (172.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg pirates 1.JPG (215.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg pirates 2.JPG (214.1 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by loreangelicus; 03-04-2010 at 03:01 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:57 AM
Approved Member

Army Drum description is wrong in the English version. It only affects human troops.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreangelicus View Post
EDIT: Whoops! Looks like I spoke too soon, I DO have the bug in my copy. But it is not an all-encompassing bug; for now, I can only confirm that it affects morale boosts from items; see attached screenshots of how Pirates with a morale boost from the Ring or Arianna lose the boost when transferred to a slot that used to be occupied by droids.

Good thing for my army I don't rely on morale boost from items. Also good for me is that I haven't started building up the Mind tree; I'll just do it in one go, accumulate Mind runes for now, then see if the Voice of the Dragon still confers morale boost to my Bone Dragons.
I would be very interested to know if skills like Voice of the Dragons still work once the unit is affected by this bug. I'm still a long way off having the runes for it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingoz View Post
Army Drum description is wrong in the English version. It only affects human troops.
Unfortunately the problem still exists, even regarding this - My Paladins do not get the positive moral with the Army Drums equiped as soon as they are moved to a cell that once contained Droids.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Approved Member

Dose the same thing happen with other morale boosting items like that Picture you get at the start of the game?
Old 03-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

I destroyed that item for crystals, so I can't test it right now. But it seems that droids and morale-boosting items of any type for other races will manifest this bug.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingoz View Post
Dose the same thing happen with other morale boosting items like that Picture you get at the start of the game?
I haven't tested that one specifically, but yes I would assume that it would.

However, to throw a spanner into the works, when I continued my game again last night, after shutting down my computer from the previous game, I noticed, sometime well into my playtime, that my Paladins had gone back to positive moral. I'm not sure if they were positive when I started, or if something had triggered it during my play-time.

It may be that the neutral bug only exists in a cell that has contained a droid until you quit the game, at which point it resets.

I need to do more testing.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:11 AM
Approved Member

First the bad news: after trading for and buying runes at Montero, testing has confirmed that Voice of the Dragon is affected by the bug; see attached screenshots 1 and 2.

Next, the great news: as already mentioned by lostkiwi, there is a workaround. All you need to do is close King's Bounty: Armored Princess totally, then open up the game again, and magically the appropriate morale bonuses would show; see attached screenshot 3. Note that it is not enough to just reload the save file; you must really shut down the KBAP game and just open it up again.

So now there is really no reason not to use droids.

Of note here is that morale effects conferred by other units are not affected by the bug at all. This is the reason why in my game the morale bonus to other undead troops by black knights still show, and in lostwiki's testing the Dragon Despiser trait of Royal Griffins still gives it morale penalties when dragons are in the army with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shot 1.JPG (213.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg shot 2.JPG (212.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg shot 3.JPG (213.7 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by loreangelicus; 03-05-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Approved Member

Man... why won't 1C fix this? It's been a problem for so long already...
Old 03-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Approved Member

Cheers for the update Loreangelicus