Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon-DK View Post
@CWMV

The move was something we had planed and prepaired for, for over 2 years. That was not something that came as a shock to anybody. All had a fair chance to upgrade.

I think it must have been a long time since you last flew in CLOD.
And it seem you are yet to fly the RoF.. You are so utterly wrong, that I lack any respect to try to prove that to you..
Old 12-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post
RoF is a great game. I'm playing it online every day.
I would too, if it was a WWII sim. I actually bought the iron cross edition on a sale but have only tried it a few times unfortunately.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
nonsense !!

the game was never free in the first few years, you got a couple of planes with the initial game and from then on you had to buy more items in order to stay competitive online and get newer better planes

after a few years of doing this and sales lagging, RoF decided to give you the initial 2 plane "game" for free but with limited options of how to play it. this was done very deliberately to sukker in a whole new swarm of players that would otherwise not have bought the game, and to be able to sell to a large percentage of them more planes and other items over the following months

free, no, not by far
I paid so much less for so much better game, that I seriously don't understand what are you talking about (an I bought it right at the start).
Old 12-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
I would too, if it was a WWII sim. I actually bought the iron cross edition on a sale but have only tried it a few times unfortunately.
I'm just responding to people who say it's broken. It's definitely NOT broken. It's a fantastic game if you want to fly WW1 aircraft. If you want to complain about RoF flight models you can also do that, but it's very competitive.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post
I'm just responding to people who say it's broken. It's definitely NOT broken. It's a fantastic game if you want to fly WW1 aircraft. If you want to complain about RoF flight models you can also do that, but it's very competitive.
LOL! I let other people do the FM complaining about these games, there's no need for another "charts and curves expert", it's a very saturated group of people IMO. Also, I know next to nil about WWI kites.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Approved Member

RIP Il-2.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I see a lot of people are already judging a game that hasn't even been released yet maybe it's better to wait for the final product before initiating whining mode. Seriously you guys....

Oh BTW, I wrote the following for another thread but I'll just paste it in here for convenience.

I get the impression that there are still people living in an illusionary PC games landscape where a 40€ high-production cost/low sales niche game is financially viable. Have you tried PlanetSide 2? If not, download it -for free- from Steam, play it and try to comprehend that 1c is doing this to make money. The games industry is not some kind of charity ball where people sit and work their butts of for free.

Imagine if 777 only made RoF, kept supporting and updating it for years for free without any pay-per-plane/item system. Do you really think that they would be selling thousands upon thousands of copies of the game every month for several years sustained? No they wouldn't, no game does that, especially not flightsims which are the niche of the niche these days, except a select few super popular titles like Call of Duty etc. It's so easy to understand it, yet some of you can't grasp it. Without a steady cash-flow, how in the world would they be able to continue? No matter how good a game is, it will only sell a certain amount copies, period! You may hate it or love it, that doesn't matter, this IS the only way to keep a small gaming genre alive. Nobody's doing it to be evil, they do it for the necessity of profit, the cornerstone of capitalism. I guess at least the Americans on here should be able to grasp this.

I would like it to be as before where would get an expansion pack (which is basically just a bunch of DLC content packed into one really) every second year or so but I get why they are taking this route. So try to be a little supportive to the "new" developers in their future endeavours, many of you stood tall defending MG in every single "whining" thread before, how come you are so anti when we actually get someone who steps in and try to salvage the awesome IL-2 series that we have all played and loved for years? You should be grateful that someone took it upon themselves to develop the one thing we all love.

Excellent post addman. Agree completely.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Also, I know next to nil about WWI kites.
I'm pretty sure that does not disqualify you. In fact, it may be a plus.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploughman View Post
Er. You telling me CLoD and it's engine died today? That the franchise is over, that Luthier and Maddox Games and Oleg and all that is over and the name's been sold or given over to 777 and their engine to exploit?

Put a shine on it if you like, but this is a kick in the nuts.

Part of that.. or so it seems.. but if you read this :

Quote:
Today we announced a new partnership between 1C and 777 Studios and the next product in the Sturmovik legacy – IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad.

Both 1C and 777 Studios have entered into this arrangement with the best of intentions, which are to make quality combat flight simulation products that you enjoy (Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik). Both companies share a deep desire to see the flight-simulation genre succeed and thrive. And both companies have already spent millions of dollars and countless sleepless nights trying to make products that the flight-simulation community loves. We believe our past efforts are an indication that our motivations in this genre are sincere and our dedication to this niche of PC gaming has always been and will remain strong.

This development may come as a surprise to some in the community, but we are not here to argue about it.

By combining the best talent, management and technology we feel that it will be easier to overcome the technical, financial and industry related challenges that are unique to the flight-simulation genre. But it’s still not going to be easy and we still need the community’s support. There is no unlimited budget or endless release schedule. We hope that all of the virtual pilots out there in the community understand the challenges we face and will choose to stand with us in this new enterprise and help us make a brighter future for the entire combat flight-simulation genre.
We’re sure you will have questions about the upcoming product.

Warmest Regards,

The Team
IL-2 Sturmovik
Rise of Flight
It seems to me as if this is a partnership using the best of both teams. I look forward to it.

Last edited by Bearcat; 12-11-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Part of that.. or so it seems.. but if you read this :

It seems to me as if this is a partnership using the best of both teams. I look forward to it.

The best of both teams departed a while back.

RedToo.

43 Squadron.

My 'Waiting for Clodo' thread: http://tinyurl.com/bqxc9ee