Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Approved Member

Even when SOW is released I feel many will come back/still fly this sim due to the massive range of A/C and theatres on offer, I know I will.

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 10-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristorf
Even when SOW is released I feel many will come back/still fly this sim due to the massive range of A/C and theatres on offer, I know I will.
Very true... IL-2 Will stick around for a while. For me, probably till introduction of Eastern Front...
Old 10-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyivan1970
Quote:
Very true... IL-2 Will stick around for a while. For me, probably till introduction of Eastern Front...
What they both said
Old 10-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyivan1970
Quote:
Yes, yes.....just it'll die long before you both think at this rate of hack-tarding around the game.

Its virtual online life is already dead.

Unless you have some masochistic wishes to be owned by P.11c while in G2 at 550km/h...... or............ something.

No?

But looks at it from the bright side: we still have a lot of campaigns and all kinds of funny stuff to do offline.
That is if anyone here is really interested in that.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Approved Member

I must bring you bad news.IL2 will still live because of sheer number of flyable planes.Quantity maybe is not a quality of its own but you know as much as anybody else that it is hard to imagine that BoB will be THAT good, to kill IL2.

As for me, the game is not leaving the HDD until the Gustav and his opponents come into SOW.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Approved Member

I could imagine that IL-2 will survive among squads using IP-to-IP networking without HL: takes the guesswork out of who shows up and limits it to people who are invited. It will certainly have a life on my LAN. I got the game some time ago for a friend's son, but then it turned out their machine could not handle it, so it went on an old machine of mine that is Athlon instead of Celeron that they had

Not sure if I will ever fly all the flyables before BoB comes out, but its one of the very cool aspects of the game that keeps my interest

Cheers

Triad
Old 10-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Approved Member

I wouldn't worry to much about the game being hacked to death just yet. I hear that the 4.09 patch has more security against the current sound and FM hacks.

I really believe that if Oleg can pull off all the features planned for BOB SOW at a playable frame rate it will make a very second class citizen out of the IL-2 series. The immersion level will be so high that going back to IL-2 will be like going back to playing Pong.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas
The immersion level will be so high that going back to IL-2 will be like going back to playing Pong.
User-dependant really.No matter how you put it, all games are valued by the 'gameplay' factor. "1946" gameplay is at a massively unusual rate for a PC game.IMO it shares the same amount of gameplay with the greatest games in PC history.SOW will take some time to surpass it if it ever gets released.

I might be a hardcore offline GTR2 player but I often go back to "NFS Vorsche Unleashed" for a reason.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Approved Member

We have to see to believe.
I believe that is a correct sentence when Maddox Games are in question.

The way I see it, sow of war will be followed by several dedicated scenarios such is BoF, Balkans & Greece etc.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:27 AM
Approved Member

Some people are really in love with some aircrafts: so i guess that as long as they will not see them in the new sim, they will stay with IL2.

Belonging to a squad will probably also be a decisive factor to stick with IL2, not talking about the price of a new rig able to run BOB...

FW:

No FW: