Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:40 PM
Approved Member

Hey Anton, I hope I can get a question in here. I have two main concerns with this being on console.

What Flight sticks are we going to be able to use on the 360 ?
I currently own a Saitek X52 and the Xbox 360 Ace Edge.
Will I have to buy yet another flight stick or will one of these work ?

My second question is are we going to be able to customize our control layout ? I really dislike not being able to make my control layout however I like.
Thanks for your Time and Consideration, Desode
Old 03-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desode View Post
I currently own a Saitek X52 and the Xbox 360 Ace Edge.
Will I have to buy yet another flight stick or will one of these work ?
X52 is not working with Xbox360. Each Xbox360 peripherial device should have MS security chip or something like that.

But Ace Edge will work. The best flightstick available for Xbox360 now, I guess.

Quote:
My second question is are we going to be able to customize our control layout ? I really dislike not being able to make my control layout however I like.
That's not likely, sorry.
It adds a lot or problems to developer - and adds a little to a game. I think, you'll be happy with our layouts for Ace Edge though.

Last edited by Anton Yudintsev; 03-02-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

Well, if the Ace Edge works, then the Aviator should. They both use the MS standard layout and work with AC6 and Hawx.
I'd rather have the Ace Edge, but cost is a factor. The X52 will work for the pc, you can always program it yourself. You could just about type with that thing if you put the time into configuring it.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite View Post
Well, if the Ace Edge works, then the Aviator should. They both use the MS standard layout and work with AC6 and Hawx.
I'd rather have the Ace Edge, but cost is a factor.
Aviator will work as well.
But actually, we DON'T use standard layout.
It will be wasting of a lot of potential possibilities.
We use special layout for both of this flightsticks.
Each one utilized 100%.
For example, on standard gamepad, we use triggers for shoot&lock target, right stick for rudder&throttle (2 axis), and you can look around while keep right stick pressed.
Of course, it is OK, but not perfect.
Good thing on flightsticks - that there is special button for Right Stick down, and each trigger (analogue) can be used as a separate axis - it can be used as a rudder and throttle SEPARATELY. That frees us right stick to make it able to use as observing stick, no need to keep something pressed.
Etc, etc.
So we made flightstick support as good as possible (better than in HAWX, for example).
Old 03-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Approved Member

anton will you guys be bundling your own version of the ACE edge with certian BOP boxes?

Or will gamers have to hunt down old ace combat sticks?

another question too

The observation stick on the ace edge ( the little tiny stick on top of the joystic )

Will the view be a snap view or a pan view? ( when you let go of it does the camera center back in place, or does the view remain at that angle?)
Old 03-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
Aviator will work as well.
But actually, we DON'T use standard layout.
It will be wasting of a lot of potential possibilities.
We use special layout for both of this flightsticks.
Each one utilized 100%.
For example, on standard gamepad, we use triggers for shoot&lock target, right stick for rudder&throttle (2 axis), and you can look around while keep right stick pressed.
Of course, it is OK, but not perfect.
Good thing on flightsticks - that there is special button for Right Stick down, and each trigger (analogue) can be used as a separate axis - it can be used as a rudder and throttle SEPARATELY. That frees us right stick to make it able to use as observing stick, no need to keep something pressed.
Etc, etc.
So we made flightstick support as good as possible (better than in HAWX, for example).
I hope you're telling me that the throttle will control the throttle and twist grip controls the rudder on the flight stick! And that hat for looking around?

I can say that I've used the 360 controller for the PC IL2 using Pinnacle game profiler to map the controls. I was able to set it up nicely, just used a shift button in there. Crammed a ton of controls in there that way.

Gotta say, flight games--using the regular controller--that use the right stick for throttle and rudder just never works out well. Hard to get used to. I'll take your word for it though, you've got it there in front of you. I don't plan on using the controller anyway, but I know most in my gaming group will be.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Approved Member

Default Flight Controls

Will it be possible to change Control Schemes on the controller?

Because I would like to make the RB and LB my rudder controls. But if I can't, I'll just get used to it.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltyspark View Post
Will the view be a snap view or a pan view? ( when you let go of it does the camera center back in place, or does the view remain at that angle?)
Camera centers back.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNikex View Post
Will it be possible to change Control Schemes on the controller?
Nope.
But we spent a lot of time on controller settings, so it should be best possible for our game.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
Camera centers back.
ah , yes

good news indeed