Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

Default Am i the only one here to think this.....

Out of all the people in the world that enjoy sim games, why do we only have SCS software and 1C making truck games?

sureley there must be some larger scale company interested in making a truck sim? we all know what a botch up SCS make of things and i just wish for a little more realism from 1C, but there has to be a company somewhere and the demand for a slightly more realistic game?
or is it just me??
Old 06-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknackpaddywack View Post
Out of all the people in the world that enjoy sim games, why do we only have SCS software and 1C making truck games?

sureley there must be some larger scale company interested in making a truck sim? we all know what a botch up SCS make of things and i just wish for a little more realism from 1C, but there has to be a company somewhere and the demand for a slightly more realistic game?
or is it just me??
The revenue is to small, but maybe if RignRoll is successful some big guys like EA and Atari will become interested.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

When you consider how few realistic flight simulators (not arcade games) there are, and even M$ has shut down further development of theirs, it's no surprise there aren't all that many, less glamorous, truck simulators.

I for one would love to see a very realistic truck simulator, without Rig'n'Roll's game elements, but with realistic gearboxes (including mis-shift grinding), two-speed axles, braking, temperatures, etc. But perhaps Rig'n'Roll will pleasantly surprise me when (if?) it finally arrives.

But for now, even though it is still under development, and lacking in the graphics department, I'll put my money (although it's freeware ) on Rigs of Rods
Old 06-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRanger View Post
When you consider how few realistic flight simulators (not arcade games) there are, and even M$ has shut down further development of theirs, it's no surprise there aren't all that many, less glamorous, truck simulators.

I for one would love to see a very realistic truck simulator, without Rig'n'Roll's game elements, but with realistic gearboxes (including mis-shift grinding), two-speed axles, braking, temperatures, etc. But perhaps Rig'n'Roll will pleasantly surprise me when (if?) it finally arrives.

But for now, even though it is still under development, and lacking in the graphics department, I'll put my money (although it's freeware ) on Rigs of Rods
Rig'n'Roll is only in testing phase. Development ended last year on May or maybe June
Old 06-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak Of Nature View Post
Rig'n'Roll is only in testing phase. Development ended last year on May or maybe June
I was referring to Rigs of Rods.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRanger View Post
I was referring to Rigs of Rods.
oh sorry... my bad