Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

View Poll Results: Do you want SONAR still present in BoB ?
yes 4 19.05%
no 17 80.95%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
That was Olegs answer to the Sonar issue. So it should be fixed. I've never heard other aircraft on my hi-end systems. It was rather annoying hearing others on-line talking about hearing other aircraft.
I also don't hear anyone else with my audigy 2 card. I also don't think the stock sounds of IL2 are bad or sound 'like a lawnmower' as I have read others say. As Oleg said, it was designed to be played on a high end sound card, which it sounds good on. I can hear the whine of the turbo in a 109, and all sorts of little pings and knocks in the aircraft engines. Even the P51 has its distinct whistling sound with my Audigy 2.

But I am glad that BoB has this fixed and will run on a wider range of sound cards and onboard sound.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash 8 View Post
I also don't hear anyone else with my audigy 2 card.
Same card, and I don't either, but i'm using ultimatesoundV2 wich is specially designed for to correct the SONAR problem. When using stock or UP i hear others when they get close, it's not as bad as i have experienced earlier with my hercules persono III or onboard AC97 and not as efficeint as a SONAR help, but it still destroys immersion.

Still, it seems we have voters who enjoy the SONAR help, i wonder if they use other helps too or fly full switch ? Maybe it could be a difficulty setting in BoB ?
Old 10-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Approved Member

The real problem isn't the sound quality I guess. It's just that you won't meet a lot of people that will actually use a good soundcard or mod to get rid of hearing people close in - you'll rather find the opposite. The problem is that some people WANT to hear others approaching to gain an unfair advantage. But if they say it's fixed... well, I never saw a game where cheating was impossible but let's hope for the best