Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fantasy Wars

Fantasy Wars Turn-based strategy. Gather an army, upgrade units, study magic spells, participate in castle sieges and assaults to destroy the great Orc Ugraum’s horde.

Old 03-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Approved Member

Default Replay value?

I had two quick questions, assuming that I won't get the "call stack function" problem with the full game:

1. I heard there are around 31 missions altogether. So how many hours does each mission take to complete?

I am a bit worried that several reviews said that the single player campaign is extremely short, which brings up the next issue.

2. I heard MP is pretty much impossible without LAN or hotseat; so you are left mainly playing v. AI when you are done with the single player campaign. I've also heard that there are no random map generators and only a map editor. So I have two questions:

a. Are there a lot of user-made maps out there?

b. If not, then is it easy to create a serviceable skirmish map?
Old 03-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Approved Member

We usually play on Hamachi
go here to know how
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2815
Old 03-31-2008, 04:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBarca View Post
1. I heard there are around 31 missions altogether. So how many hours does each mission take to complete?
It varies. In my case it was an hour/hour and a half per mission (on average, of course - some took more time, some less). I wanted to know how the story continues, that I did not replay any scenario to have a better victory, although sometimes I did have some ideas on how to do better

Replayability I think is quite good. Not right away, of course. But after some time I will certainly replay it. I will probably forget some things, so it will be some kind of a refresher, and at the same time I hope I will remember most of the tiny little things that let you have the edge over your opponent

Like getting the elven heroine up to level 10 before the last scenario or finishing that last scenario with something more than bronze

And they promised us a campaign editor in a few months
Old 04-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Registered Member

First of all - great game! I've been waiting years for a Fantasy General type game to be made for modern computers - bravo and thank-you to 1C!!!

However, the game is HARD (at least the first single player mission that I keep getting stomped on) and has very few single player missions....

A campaign editor would be great as would Fan created single player missions/maps.

Where can I go for help getting my tactics up to speed?
Old 04-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harneloot View Post
First of all - great game! I've been waiting years for a Fantasy General type game to be made for modern computers - bravo and thank-you to 1C!!!

However, the game is HARD (at least the first single player mission that I keep getting stomped on) and has very few single player missions....

A campaign editor would be great as would Fan created single player missions/maps.

Where can I go for help getting my tactics up to speed?
I thought there were something like 31 missions?
Old 04-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBarca View Post
I thought there were something like 31 missions?
I think he means single player one-off scenarios, not the campaigns.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Registered Member

Indeed I do. I figured I'd better get good at my tactics before I I attempt the Campaign

So, any advice to actually make it through the first mission?
Old 04-03-2008, 05:19 AM
Approved Member

yes play the campaigns first They start out nice and easy and ramp up the difficulty as they go on so it is actually better to play them first.