Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

That is a damn good score. Especially being that it was 3 on 2.

Not too many targets to go after LOL.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Approved Member

sure you arent lone panthers in disguise?? LOL.... sounds like a typical night for him...

Last edited by bobbysocks; 01-09-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrickandgoose View Post
I did not mean to be offensive I just never seen anyone get that many kills before so I had to brag a little. No my team mate was not pappy if it was I wouldnt have been bragging we do that to guys all the time once again not trying to be a ass just saying. My team mate in this match was foxy and he got 2 kills the whole match. And yes everyone can join my squad and I will help anyone who asks with settings or anything else weather in my squad or not. I do brag at times and I have gotten into some heated arguments but I will always play fair I will always bail I will play with anyone and if any of you have heard me on mic I don't talk trash to people in the game we are all here to have fun
OK then, I might take you up on that offer

And no, I did not think you meant to offend anybody, it's just that people generally do not like that attitude. Being boastful is indeed appropriate in some professions, even desired and appreciated in some (perhaps the military would be a good example), but generally not so. It is also true that you do not engage in badmouthing so please do not say that we interpreted your post as if you were degrading others or as you put it: “you all suck”. I certainly did not interpret your post as such.

That score of yours, although impressive, might not be the best, who knows. Speaking about impressive, I do not know if you ever met that guy that flew Fw-190D in sim mode? My first CTA game with him on opposing team gave me completely wrong impression of him. To cut a long story short, few days or weeks latter he was very kind to give me some pointers how to fly “impossible to fly” Fw-190D beast. And what he does with that aircraft still impresses me to this day. I've seen him in dogfights and team battles doing incredible flying/shooting and never to be concerned about the score. What I'm trying to say is that quite often we get the wrong impression about people even in real life let alone in this virtual world of ours.

Apologies to Pope for my remark about the cereals. Not all of them are bad, but here in the States the processed, boxed ones are awful.

Pope's remark was spot on, indeed it is very easy to rack up points that way (preying on defenseless landing aircraft). W and tr do that to me all the time when they are in opposing team and I'm not angry at them. Well I'm a little bit, but I'll keep them on my friends list, for now

Fortunately there is a “medicine” for preying on (not so) defenseless landing aircraft. It is called IL-10. Even more effective when done in combination with rain or stormy weather. It is always funny to watch player(s) leave CTA game lobby when I switch from lets say Yak-3 to IL-10. All of a sudden Spit's and Bf's do not look that threatening

And yes we are all here to have fun! Are we?

And congrats on your high score!

Take care,

PSN: PlaviKit
Old 01-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
We took the field and I killed them until tickets went to 0 I would say it was 15-20 mins. My best in TDM Is 43. You would think I made a post saying you all suck from the reactions lol seriously has any one ever seen 61 kills in s game let alone 61-7 unless it was a 2 hour game. Im just saying I thought it was a damn good score
1000 seconds is the max tickets is it not? (I don't remember as all our games are generaly 300 or 500). That is around 16 minutes, so give you 4 extra minutes to capture at the start, that is still averages over 3 kills a minute with only three people to shoot at and what about crashed kills? I wouldn't have thought that even possible. Well one thing is for sure, the other team players (if they were actualy controling their planes) wouldn't have had much time in the air, and certainly wouldn't have enjoyed themselves.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 01-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Approved Member

I assure you they were controlling their planes and it is possable because I did it that was the whole reason I posted this because it is almost unbelievable but I did it and as far as the other players enjoying themselfs what am
I supposed to to let them land and take the field so they don't get upset ? No they were not noobs I have seen them on a lot before and even if they were I'm still going to play to the best of my abilities yeah I may smash them but when that happens I usually send a message to them explaining settings or what not so doubt all you want I have the screen shot saved I thought it was pretty damn unbelievable myself that's why I posted it to see what others thought in this game the stars aligned or something we took the field and I hangout by where they spawn in and they droped like flys

Last edited by mavrickandgoose; 01-09-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I assure you they were controlling their planes and it is possable because I did it that was the whole reason I posted this because it is almost unbelievable but I did it and as far as the other players enjoying themselfs what am
I supposed to to let them land and take the field so they don't get upset ? No they were not noobs I have seen them on a lot before and even if they were I'm still going to play to the best of my abilities yeah I may smash them but when that happens I usually send a message to them explaining settings or what not so doubt all you want I have the screen shot saved I thought it was pretty damn unbelievable myself that's why I posted it to see what others thought in this game the stars aligned or something we took the field and I hangout by where they spawn in and they droped like flys
Well I'm sorry but I will never -in any game- be impressed by spawn camping or base raping.

Birds of Prey isn't a game with an unlimited amount of players like modern warfare or battlefield. When you find a player in BoP you want to make sure they are enjoying their time so that they come back for more. Those guys you played are now probably not too keen on playing you again.

When I host sim dogfights looking for new people I always acertain the enemies skill level and play acordingly, I could easily completely humiliate them but that would only send them straight back to realistic.
When I host with my friends I like to have evenly skilled teams so a new player has the chance of winning, if my team is dominating I let off the pressure and sometimes start showboating doing tail slides and spins, I love buzzing over landed planes without firing and yes sometimes I even let the enemy take the field. To dictate the game and control the score to create a close win and enjoyment allround - is a higher form of domination.

In TDM You need to give yourself challenges. Tell yourself "this is real, this is my only life". and fly the more difficult planes. I remember a 10 minute realistic game I once played flying the P-51D against some of the best players in realistic. The winner in a spit ix had about 10 kills and maybe 9 deaths. I had 3 kills and 0 deaths and felt like I had won.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope

Last edited by Robotic Pope; 01-10-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:40 AM
Approved Member

Spawn camping and base raping lol I call it kicking their ass I will never let someone win or let them kill me to make sure they have fun I am playing so that I have fun if they don't like it then they can get better just like I did when I started. Lots of people don't like to play with me I am sure it's quite common for half a room to drop out when I enter and I take that as a complement.then everyonce in a while something like this happens on the forum and I start talking trash I'm sure some don't like that. I posted this as a hey guys check thus out and you guys act like I'm throwing something in your face or doubt me. Many of the top guys that have gotten pissed at me and tried to take me out won't play with me now cuase it doesn't turn out in there favor like davedog who calls me a cheater and has me blocked or shadow who I am back on civilized terms with but he hated me for a long time there was a period when me and Ratman we mortal enimies but now he is one of my best friends on ps3 if I'm gonna be accused of being a ego maniac hell I might as well be one I will play anyone at anytime in realistic that wants to doubt me and I calculated everyone ranked top 12's kill per game ratio mine is the highest. and last of all it's a game I didn't design the point system I think if a kill is 5 point them a death should be -5 then people would play differently but since it's not like that I will play in whatever way and with whatever plane gets me the most points the objective is to win.I think I just piss guys off cuase they are used to beating everyone then I come in and make them look like noobs lol well now that I'm sure I have pissed everyone off on here I'll go back to playing my game and spawn camping and base raping and WINNING and if my score is not impressive show me another 60+kill game I been playing 3 years and never seen it ok end my big headed ego rant now hope to meet you guys in the sky sorry I posted a thread that turned bad

Last edited by mavrickandgoose; 01-10-2012 at 04:45 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:41 AM
Approved Member

Nice score mav. Maybe you need new challenges? Sim could be 1.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:00 AM
Approved Member

A rolling eyes smiley would be appropriate here.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQ59 View Post
Nice score mav. Maybe you need new challenges? Sim could be 1.
Good suggestion McQ, come join us.

Last edited by KAV; 01-10-2012 at 08:43 AM.