Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation w7

Hi guy's, Any prob's with W/7-64 bit concerning Il2 1946 series, still on good old XP, but will have to change sometime or other. Cheers.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrope View Post
Hi guy's, Any prob's with W/7-64 bit concerning Il2 1946 series, still on good old XP, but will have to change sometime or other. Cheers.
Hello,

The game runs well under windows 7 x64 but you may experience issues with the DRM software if you try to install off the DVD. You have two options that way: 1) go to Securom's website and get the diagnostic tool to upgrade Securom or 2) get a USB flash drive big enough to hold your IL-2 directory and just copy the directory from the XP machine to the Win7 x64 machine.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6
Old 10-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Approved Member

Install/copy to your hard drive like this

C:\IL2

Don't install to the programs folder
Old 10-28-2010, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

My game runs just fine except I can't see server messages or chat online.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmusnalle View Post
My game runs just fine except I can't see server messages or chat online.
That's not a Windows 7 problem...

Perhaps you installed it off of Steam?
Old 10-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrope View Post
It runs perfectly on Windows 7 x64 with two exceptions:

1) Some versions of the 1946 DVD with the DRM technology (as mentioned) don't install properly because the DRM only assumes that Windows XP is going to be the OS it's played on (IMHO rather stupid). Just copy your directory over now... burn it to a DVD or something like that and you'll save yourself some trouble.

2) Don't install it to C:\Program Files. Vista and Win7 have protections in place on these directories and IL-2 being so old doesn't recognize the changes. I have mine in C:\Games.

Aside from that there are no Win7 specific problems. Anything else that anyone pops up with is a specific problem. It really does run great!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation W7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
It runs perfectly on Windows 7 x64 with two exceptions:

1) Some versions of the 1946 DVD with the DRM technology (as mentioned) don't install properly because the DRM only assumes that Windows XP is going to be the OS it's played on (IMHO rather stupid). Just copy your directory over now... burn it to a DVD or something like that and you'll save yourself some trouble.

2) Don't install it to C:\Program Files. Vista and Win7 have protections in place on these directories and IL-2 being so old doesn't recognize the changes. I have mine in C:\Games.

Aside from that there are no Win7 specific problems. Anything else that anyone pops up with is a specific problem. It really does run great!
Thanks for quick response and info, erm, now where did her in the kitchen hide my cheque book?
Old 10-29-2010, 02:25 AM
Approved Member

You should be able to install even from drm DVDs, the file to use is the a.exe(or something like that)
Old 10-29-2010, 03:56 AM
Approved Member

The only thing that might give you trouble on W7 x64 is actually not the game but older hardware. For example older joysticks (x36 USB for example has no driver for w7 x64 anymore).

So if all your hardware is w7 compatible you're fine. And yes, I can only second the advice of not installing it to the standard programs folder. In fact I created a partition just for games and this way it's working fine.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Old_Canuck

I'll add my confirmation to what the others are saying about staying out of programs folder. IL-2 has been running well on my new W7 X64 for months now. Installed on secondary hard drive.