Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:32 AM
Approved Member

Unhappy Sidewinder ForceFeedback 2 Drivers for Windows 7??

Hi Chaps,

I'm finally back to flying after 2++ years away. And there's a problem:

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder ForceFeedback 2 joystick but I'm not having any luck finding drivers for Windows 7 64 bit.

Are there any? If not, is there some sort of workaround?

Thanks for any help on this one!

Flying Nutcase
Old 05-02-2010, 03:38 AM
Approved Member

I don't believe there is updated software for MSFFB2. For WinXP, there was a workaround for SP2/3, but nothing for Vista/Win7.
There are some alternate mapping softwares, such as Joy to Key, or Xpadder that should work, but no way to adjust ffb unless it's ingame.
Really makes you appreciate good controller setup, such as the one in Black Shark, can even map modifier + hatswitch.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Approved Member

The stick will work fine simply by plug and play. But in order to get mapping functions, you will need to try a third party software. I am currently using Pinnacle Game profiler. You can try it for free. I paid for it because I liked it so much and the tech support was very helpful getting me started with it. It is very powerful software that will allow you to map virtually any combination of keys to the joystick and create your own custom profile. I currently have a 21 function setup on my FFB2.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Approved Member

Taken, Coastie,

Awesome, thanks for the replies. I'll check out Pinnacle - it sounds like the real deal.

BTW Coastie, I've had my FFB2 for about 6 years or so and the handle has gone all sticky. Is my enriched sweat dissolving the plastic, lol. Or are you having the same issue?

Cheers!

Flying Nutcase
Old 05-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Approved Member

The covering can be removed with a very mild solvent (test a bit first)

I have 2 green light sticks and 1 red light.

I removed the "film" with a mild meths solution as with you it peeled a bit and went sticky.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:55 PM
BigPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by =PF=Coastie View Post
The stick will work fine simply by plug and play. But in order to get mapping functions, you will need to try a third party software. I am currently using Pinnacle Game profiler. You can try it for free. I paid for it because I liked it so much and the tech support was very helpful getting me started with it. It is very powerful software that will allow you to map virtually any combination of keys to the joystick and create your own custom profile. I currently have a 21 function setup on my FFB2.
Hey Coastie,
I just started using the pinicle program and i'm finidng it a nightmare to set up a good profile, the help file is really usless lol
Is there any chance you could export your profile sertup and email or pm it to me so I can test it out and see how a correct setup should be.
If you would do that i would greatly appreciate it indeed.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Registered Member

Hello KG26_Alpha

I have also the problem of the sticky handle of my MFF2, I am trying to clean (remove the sticky "film") with meths but it is not very effective (I have to rub with my nails to remove a little).

Did you use a kind of solution/mix? with what can I do it?

Thank you!
Old 11-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

Hi
All I did was use a cloth with meths and held it to soak against the surface then removed with a small plastic scraper.

It takes a while
Old 11-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Registered Member

Thanks. After all the afternoon of work, I have cleaned it and removed all the sticky "film", now it is as new but better because it will never be sticky again.

I have used meth in a little glass and soaked small zones with the help of little cotton sticks (these used normally for the ears). And then rub with nail, little plastic sraper as you suggested and some old cotton T-shirt now used as cloth for cleaning.

After that I have applied a car black plastics restorer from krafft and now it seems like new.

Finally I can enjoy another time of my MSFF2. Thanks a lot for the advices!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Approved Member

I installed Win7 64 this week on a separate partition. IL2 runs fine and my FF2 works flawlessly. Was a nice surprise! I still keep my XP's as backup though.