Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

Default Dream achieved: Photo-realistic simming

I got into WWII sims with Janes WWII Fighters in 1999. Since then I've been on a quest to visually experience what my late uncle did when he was a Tuskegee Airmen. Over the years I've built numerous rigs played all of the IL-2 sims. While Birds of Prey had potential, the FM's just didn't hold up to 1946. When COD came out I saw its potential from the level of detail being modeled in the pits. Well its taken 3 years of patches, fantastic Team Fusion mods, a quad core cpu, Win7 64bit, 6gb ram and a 2gb vid card and I was almost there. Bigger is better right? So a few years ago I retired my 19" high resolution monitor in favor of a 720 32" HDTV. While the bigger screen was great, no amount of tweaking made my screen look as good as some of the screenies I'd seen. This week I found a 32" 1080P LCD HDTV @ Wally world for $200 I hoped the added resolution would help. Boy did it ever! Now I fly around simply sight seeing. Smooth shadows casting about the detailed pit as I maneuver, glinting windows, sun glare, reflections, high contrast self shadowed fuselages and detailed terrain. Everything I see out the window of a commercial flight. The added detail at nearly maxed out settings thanks to my other hardware upgrades have made my dreams of flying WWII aircraft come true. Thanks COD and Team Fusion!
Old 01-29-2014, 10:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99th_Obsidian View Post
...... Now I fly around simply sight seeing. Smooth shadows casting about the detailed pit as I maneuver, glinting windows, sun glare, reflections, high contrast self shadowed fuselages and detailed terrain..... Thanks COD and Team Fusion!
You're just gonna love TF 4.01 then. More terrain, cockpit & effects improvements

Get the latest COD Team Fusion patch info HERE
Old 01-30-2014, 02:38 AM
Approved Member

I know how ya feel
I just came back to CoD with Team Fusion upgrades and I was FLOORED
at just how good the sim runs now with all the TF updates. It's beautiful
and my pretty decent PC runs it just fine. I know there are other new WWII
sims on the horizon but they will have a pretty high bar now.
I don't pick favorites , so I hope ALL WWII sims are successful , and keep
the good stuff coming. There was a bit of a dry spell but CoD has corrected
a lot of that . Also , the old standby IL 2 1946 with HSFX mods is really looking
pretty darn good these days.
As technology grows the truly awesome will continue to come
Saitek X52 Pro & Saitek Pro Pedals
Track IR 4 Pro.... Miller Lite 12 pack.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:07 AM
Approved Member

nice post thaks