Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Approved Member

That's great for you. The battle for Malta is something I'm especially interested in and I've been rather steeped in it over the last ten years or so. If I had only a passing knowledge of the area it would probably be okay. But the stony desert textures, unrealistic location and Afrika Korps skins are far too much of a stretch to be credible.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
That's great for you. The battle for Malta is something I'm especially interested in and I've been rather steeped in it over the last ten years or so. If I had only a passing knowledge of the area it would probably be okay. But the stony desert textures, unrealistic location and Afrika Korps skins are far too much of a stretch to be credible.
I dont think he is going for the 'credible'...you cant do credible with Spit 1a and E4 anyway. Blenheims should be Hudsons. There is none of the right ships. It is not such a uptight project because historical is not possible with COD as it is todays version. It is just fun. This new Tfmod version does not use desert tiles too. If you see video it uses fall map...still not Malta-i have been there 3 times-but closer except there is now and then very green fields.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Approved Member

As things stand at the moment, I'd rather have Portland than Malta.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Flyer View Post

As things stand at the moment, I'd rather have Portland than Malta.
Lets see; its mid-February and its been lashing down domestic pets for the last three months. Malta or Portland? Mmmm...thats a toughie!

Yesterday morning, at a place not too far from Portland;

Low Flyer m8, 'ave you tried the Team Fusion patch wiv' CLoD and did you know we're over 'ere too?

http://il2sturmovik.com/

Old 02-09-2014, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

Hello me old mucker - yes, tried the patch, waiting for the next one. I like what I see and appreciate what the chaps have done, I truly do, but sticking with FSX & RoF until the A.I gets sorted (I'm sure it will be - don't want to come across as a moaning old git). Lighter evenings on the way too - my paintbrushes are calling.

Ah, yes - BoS. Might just pop over there - is there a secret knock, or should I just bring some proper McVitie's biscuits?
Old 02-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planespotter View Post
Is anyone know how we can man the aaa guns on the airfields?
Yes, you can. It's the same way that you scroll through different aircraft and then jump inside. My default is Alt+F1. Scroll through the AAA on the airfield, find the one you like, jump into it....now move the mouse and fire the gun

(TF v4.2)
Old 02-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
Yes, you can. It's the same way that you scroll through different aircraft and then jump inside. My default is Alt+F1. Scroll through the AAA on the airfield, find the one you like, jump into it....now move the mouse and fire the gun

(TF v4.2)
that sounds like fun!..a tank for example, can it also be driven?

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 02-09-2014, 09:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Flyer View Post

Ah, yes - BoS. Might just pop over there - is there a secret knock, or should I just bring some proper McVitie's biscuits?
Folding money only, old boy
Old 02-09-2014, 10:45 PM
Approved Member

Well, I might have some Turkish lira knocking about from my last Anatolian expedition...I would, of course, expect a dedicated Westland Whirlwind thread and a gallery to display my Soviet figurine collection.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post

(TF v4.2)
TF v4.2? Since when? I tought it would be 4.01? Or did you decide that enough magic was done to call it 4.2?