Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Approved Member

Default Thread to talk about great things in new mod 4.01

This thread is for everything you think is good coming in patch 4.01, pls discuss here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUI View Post
So much to look forward to in CloD TF 4.01:

http://vimeo.com/84343913

As a short summary: improved ground, take-off and landing handling, enhanced graphics and flight and damage models, performance optimizations, improved AI gunners, player-controllable flak and enhanced sounds.

And SP players will be glad to hear that there will be an improvement to the "AI lawndarting" issue as well. Due to their complexiticity further improvements to the AI and radio commands will take until TF 5.00.

You can find more details about the patch (expected to be released in February) in today's Team Fusion Friday Update.

Long live Cliffs of Dovers!

Last edited by planespotter; 01-18-2014 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:50 PM
Approved Member

I hope someday back to this

https://vimeo.com/81222687

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 01-18-2014, 09:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
I hope someday back to this

https://vimeo.com/81222687
What are you talking about Slipball? TF has far surpassed the original in explosions and effects. The physics of that haven't changed.

You need to be specific or are you just trolling?

Here's an example of bombs dropping in the TF version.

Notice how your video is a slideshow and TF is not, let alone about 1000 other historical fixes within the aircraft, DM, FM, etc. I just don't understand you at all. I want realism and accuracy in a flight sim. It's fine that you don't. It really is, but realize 99.99% of people won't agree with you.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 01-19-2014, 08:47 AM
Approved Member

Mr Bliss,not everyone who disagree with TF is a troll! My goodness. Relax.

I like the new TF explosion which gives same effect for better fps. Also there is no doubt clouds is better. But these are my personal taste. We can all have opinion.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:49 AM
Approved Member

And smoke is much much better. In the new patch I am hope to see better landing, because now I bounce too much in RAF. But probably it is me!
Old 01-19-2014, 12:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planespotter View Post
Mr Bliss,not everyone who disagree with TF is a troll! My goodness. Relax.

I like the new TF explosion which gives same effect for better fps. Also there is no doubt clouds is better. But these are my personal taste. We can all have opinion.
I'm quite relaxed and still waiting on an answer from Slipball.

And people are allowed to have opinions of course. As I said earlier, some people don't care much for accuracy or realism and that's fine. Those at TF do though. But to say an older version that runs terribly and is full of historical inaccuracies is better is laughable at best. That's probably why Slipball won't answer the question presented. He knows he is putting out pure non-sense. I would just like to know why.

ATAG Forums + Stats

Last edited by ATAG_Bliss; 01-19-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
I'm quite relaxed and still waiting on an answer from Slipball.

And people are allowed to have opinions of course. As I said earlier, some people don't care much for accuracy or realism and that's fine. Those at TF do though. But to say an older version that runs terribly and is full of historical inaccuracies is better is laughable at best. That's probably why Slipball won't answer the question presented. He knows he is putting out pure non-sense. I would just like to know why.

not avoiding you Bliss, I just now read your post. Your vid won't play for me though, I admit that I haven't looked too much into the modding effects, but I will

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 01-19-2014, 05:32 PM
Approved Member

Bliss, I don't know how exactly You inserted / formatted the vid link in Your post above, but it's "unclickable" (and therefore unplayable) in Opera (contrary to other youtube links in "Movie Making and Videos" section, they are displayed and work allright). It seems to be working in Firefox though (?).
Old 01-19-2014, 05:44 PM
Approved Member

only one time was I successful at embedding a video here at 1C...and I forgot even how I did it then

Old 01-28-2014, 07:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
only one time was I successful at embedding a video here at 1C...and I forgot even how I did it then
Same here!