Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 07:33 PM
Approved Member

[QUOTE=planespotter;511254]Mod 4 give many things any player would want, even single player - better fps, better view of lods, better clouds, new loads and things such.

Yes I can go back to mod 301 but so many players are single player like me (Oleg said once, we are the majority)

and it is a shame we can't get a benefit of mod 4 since it was released, don't you agre?[/QUOTE]

Yes of course I agree, I am off-line pilot too...I did not know about the mod bug till you tell the story

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 11-19-2013, 05:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtek View Post

I think someone should be more gratful and less complaining!!!
Go back to Mk 3 and dont bite the hand that feeds you.
I think robtek is quite right.
Planespotter, instead of complaining about the very hard work of some community spirited people, why not make your own mod?
Old 11-19-2013, 06:31 PM
Approved Member

I can understand the frustration - TF 4.00 is just to good to miss.

For all the unlucky pilots - there is also one in my squadron - who cannot play the game or suffer from the AI bug: just hold on, it surely won't take long until the TF 4.01 is released. I hope that we will hear something about it in the statusupdate this Friday.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

I hope you have some special knowledge it will be great.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

Please remember this:

'All good things come to those who wait'

'Patience is a virtue'

'Keep the line straight'

'Steady the Buffs'

Best Regards,
MB_Avro
Old 11-21-2013, 01:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB_Avro_UK View Post
Please remember this:

'All good things come to those who wait'

'Patience is a virtue'

'Keep the line straight'

'Steady the Buffs'

Best Regards,
MB_Avro
I suspect that the first of those mottos, which I think I first heard as:

Quote:
All things come to him who waits.
Refers to the thin fellow with the scythe.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:46 PM
Approved Member

Two weeks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
Hi everyone. Well two-weeks seems to race by! That means finding new information to share is a little tricky as we are still working out the roadmap and routes it will follow on the way to TF v5.00

Since v4.00 was released, we are pleased to see such a positive amount of feedback regarding the work that was released and also we do appreciate people taking the time to file bug reports.

Regarding bug reports, not all those reports are related to work we have produced but that doesn't mean that we aren't interested in them or that they wont be looked at...it just means that we have further (where possible) work to undertake and try and patch all the legacy issues while creating many new features.

With that in mind, this week testing is underway on v4.01 which will fix a few of the issues that have been reported with v4.00, especially the Ai aircraft 'lawn-darting'! This was down to the Ai not being able to cope with the new FM's, so although we lost quite a few Ai in testing, their sacrifice was necessary and much appreciated. Team Fusion v4.01 is (if testing goes well) expected out within the next two-weeks BUT ONLY if testing goes as well as it is currently doing.

Team Fusion has also adapted a Dynamic Campaign Generator to use with CloD. This will be with TF 4.01 although campaigns to go with it will need to be developed by the community, as of yet we haven't built any.

Something I'd like to bring attention to and that maybe never got read or was missed and is a significant comment that may be of interest to enthusiastic/potential modders.

Regarding Modding and Modders, Team Fusion member RAF74_Buzzsaw said:

"While we have no problem with other mod teams working on creating their own project, for the purposes of Team Fusion, we need a group of very experienced people who will work together towards specific goals and according to specific timetables. We don't want an uncoordinated series of mods done to different standards and to different priorities.

Everything which we as a team have done has been according to a structure set up after analysing the game's failures and setting goals to correct those failures.

As we move past the stage of correcting the original game's bugs and into creating new material, once again, the efforts of the team have to be organized so as to move us all in the same direction.

Opening the mod structure to one which accepts any and all submissions, without regards to goals or standards will lead to a mismatched set of new objects and elements.

We welcome new members of the team all the time, if anyone feels they can contribute and are willing to work as a member of a team, we'd be happy to hear from them".

Currently Team Fusion is a small group all working closely together to improve CloD and take it to new levels of detail while improving the experience for everyone who plays it. As Buzzsaw mentioned, you may have the expertise we are looking for, so PM's will always be read and answered if you feel you have something to offer?

Now, regarding current development. Seriously, as I mentioned before there isn't much at-all to show

The thing is, fixes in code or improvements in Netcode, Ai, FM all are really invisible to show in screen shots. Hopefully the following images attached will give you an idea of just a few of the small bits and pieces we are adding? As always, images, features, models, etc, etc are all very much WiP and may not make it into the release. However, it's important that you know that we are still working away behind the scenes to create new features and improve CloD and hopefully make it the Sim it was always destined to be.

The next update should appear around the 6th of December, but please understand, if there really isn't much to talk about, the updates will be brief. Currently we really are just in development talks as to where we go with our next patch. Also note, updates aren't obligatory so if we do miss a Friday please don't go into meltdown thinking we don't care, we've downed tools or we've vanished off the face of the earth! We do this in our spare time, for free and to advance our hobby as much as we can.We intend to be here for a long time to come, but imagine picking up a phone when you have nothing to talk about...it's awkward to develop a conversation out of that...and that's exactly what it's like if there has not been any 'visual' work to report. Also, we are working on a new Theatre of Operations and we are not ready to share news about this yet. A lot of the work is focused on this, so cannot (yet) be detailed. This is another reason why only small bits and pieces are being released as we work our way through the difficult areas of coding and modelling

Anyway, that's all for now, cheers, MP/TF

Old 11-24-2013, 05:52 AM
Approved Member

two weeks belongs to Oleg, so you will have it in one week

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 12-08-2013, 03:11 PM
Approved Member

Not two...more like double two...no fun for us offliners still. It seems there was many bugs in this last release that all must be fixed now. Maybe a quality control problem or not enought beta testing. Like how could you miss the lawn dart problem except you didn't test well enough of it.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=7311

"V4.01 is currently under testing. It has a lot of fixes for bugs found in v4.00 and also addresses the FM changes that saw Ai aircraft (often) lawn-dart into the ground. Although it's still not perfect, we're pretty sure with Ai routines and settings, that it should work much better and effectively compared to the initial v4.00 release and this is a much better situation for the offline players

I'll be releasing a highlights video of changes and new features to be included in v4.01 and (no pun) this should be in the next two-weeks. The changes are nowhere near as huge as v4.00, but these are only designed to fix what are considered 'major' issues in that release, while also adding a few new features before we go headlong into v5.00"

I am not patient enough for beta tester or I would offer!

Last edited by planespotter; 12-08-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Approved Member

Hi Planespotter, sorry for the delay. The thing is we are currently working our way through the v4.01 revision, because once that is out, v5.00 is next, so that could be months away and the last thing we want to do is leave everyone sitting there with even more issues to deal with.

The problem we have is that we have a finite number of people involved in testing and this has to be done when we have time outside of our own work and family life. We do at-least take note of players concerns and try and accommodate their ideas, feedback and other issues.

As I mentioned and as was highlighted below:

"Team Fusion v4.01 is (if testing goes well) expected out within the next two-weeks BUT ONLY if testing goes as well as it is currently doing."

Sadly a few other issues popped up, nothing drastic, but guaranteed to cause more irritation among players if we let that go.

So look, we are doing our best in our free time, I know it's not a perfect response if someone says "go back to v3.01", of-course we don't want that, we want you to experience the best of the game and we are slowly working out how to do this.

AI revisions have been made and they will be back to at-least v3.01 standards and we are working out then how to improve the Ai for v5.00. This will mean looking deeper into the code and this is a real challenge, but I fly offline only so it's as important to me as you.

We're going as fast as we can, while keeping within the best of our ability to make sure that no more bugs get through, v4.01 does add new features, but it is mainly designed to fix bugs released in v4.00 (by us and not legacy 'always been there' bugs).

Please be patient, it is in testing and will be released soon, but I wont mention weeks again...v4.01 will be soon.

Cheers, MP