Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pencil View Post
People who get Mac wants something that works.
Exactly. I have been a PC user for 10 years --working, gaming, you name it. Windows NT, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, I have had them all. They are all crap alike, compared to my experiences with Snow Leopard. I use the computer everyday as freelance artist. A day or two with a broken machine is a disaster for me, economically. Last year I started switching everything to Mac, because it WORKS, and I can trust it. I have never looked back. And that doesn't mean I am a computer illiterate.
And btw, the gaming market for Mac is growing....check out the macgamestore, you might be surprised. Sure, it's a lot less than PC.....but not as few as some think.
Honestly, if IL2 COD would come on Mac, I would never touch a PC again.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Approved Member

Wink

It's nice you have an opinion, KOM.Nausicaa. Unfortunately not every mac user shares it. Friend of mine is a music producer and is forced to use macs due to certain software restrictions. He hates them and every spare minute he uses the PC instead.

Personally I haven't seen a single just motive to switch to mac if the PC is used properly. I switched to Win 7-64 recently out of curiosity, not because my Win XP was lacking (and I'm a heavy user). But maybe that's a difference between an artist and a tech junkie, I solve problems or choose a workaround instead of running away from them (wait 'till your mac breaks down, I've seen plenty dead or crippled macs with angry or horrified users, believe me). On the other hand, build a PC based on an Asus motherboard, choose a quality harddisk and install a multiboot with NT based OSses, keep your airflow proper and there is no reason for your PC to have any downtime.

About cross platform titles: Bad idea. I saw the differences between titles in the eighties and early nineties between platforms: Amiga, Atari ST, C64, C128, PC.... Instead of having one title that was developed to the max, there was a division of resources. I've seen a lot of bugs and lacking performance.

I want 1C to use all their resources for improving the product, not to boldly go into wild adventures into unknown territory. The aim is to make the best simulation, period. Not the best selling but average simulation.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azimech View Post
It's nice you have an opinion, KOM.Nausicaa. Unfortunately not every mac user shares it. Friend of mine is a music producer and is forced to use macs due to certain software restrictions. He hates them and every spare minute he uses the PC instead.

Personally I haven't seen a single just motive to switch to mac if the PC is used properly.
You know I can use a PC properly --

That doesn't take away the flaws: the annoying updates for security reasons, the viruses, the performance issues, and all the rest. And add to that the clumsy navigation in the interfaces, the reboots etc etc. About almost everything is harder to do on a PC.

I want to make clear that I am not a Mac fan. I am a fan of a machine that is reliable and gives me peace of mind, for my WORK. That's it, not more and not less. So far my Macs (i own several) haven't had a single problem yet, not even the slightest hiccup. (and they are also completely silent, I like that too). So, am I happy customer? So far yes....and that is all what counts for me. If Microsoft achieves the same in the future than more power to them.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:53 PM
Registered Member

I hate to dig up an old thread, and apparently a lot of hate but is anyone running this in bootcamp anymore? I am looking into this for my new iMac.
Anything I should look out for? Configurations? How is Steam running through bootcamp?
Old 02-17-2014, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

Ok, if there are any mac users who are still curious, COD works great on Mavericks and bootcamp. I Installed Bootcamp and Windows 7 on my iMac this weekend. After the loooong fight with drivers I have everything working. Installed COD from Steam, upgraded to TF 3.0, TF3.1 and finally TF4.0. I just had a chance to fly some quick missions mainly getting my setting set up graphics and controls. So far it works great. I have graphics set to med with some key items set to high and seems to run smooth. I'm not sure if I have my graphics card running on high yet but I am getting there.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:51 PM
Approved Member

Hooray for the i-tards.