Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

The makers of X-Plane 9 (9!) might disagree with you there
Old 01-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Approved Member

+1 to speculum jockey

And to add to this:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18292

They didn't release any Mac supported games b4, and they're not going to do it in the future. I see no reason to anyways.. the PC is such a better gaming platform.
- 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Lapped IHS - AsRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - MSI GTX 560 Ti 2Gb - Crutial M4 SATA3 64Gb SSD - 8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz @ 8-8-8-21 RAM - Silverstone 750w Fully Modular PSU - Antec 1200 ATX Case - Zalman 9700 Cooler - Win7 Ultimate x64 -
Old 01-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pencil View Post
Does not have to be hard.
I know one game that used OpenAL for Mac port, and DX for WIndows.
Yeah, and if it was an actual native port and not just a release of the PC version with a wrapper like Cider, how many years after the original game was released did it come out?
Old 01-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Approved Member

What's the point of developing for MacOS when you can dualboot a Mac with Windows 7? LOL!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
What's the point of developing for MacOS when you can dualboot a Linux distribution with Windows 7? LOL!
Fixed that for you.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrunch View Post
Fixed that for you.
Whatever, Linux, Windows, MacOS are just the OS, all the hardware is PC. The Macs are overpriced, overdesigned and underspeced PC's that's all they are At least before they had their own unique hardware but not so anymore.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
The Macs are overpriced, overdesigned and underspeced PC's that's all they are
Definitely. It's weird they use underspecced graphics cards with some of the video memory removed and things like that. Seems utterly pointless. And the amount they charge for upgrades if you decided to add stuff to your custom Mac from their store is about three times what the component is worth, for some reason. Arghhh, Apple. What an awful company.
As to MacOS, why pay for just another flavour of Unix?

Last edited by TheGrunch; 01-21-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:34 PM
Approved Member

If I was the head of 1C or any other games company, I wouldn't waste a single line of code on any apple product. Never.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrunch View Post
Definitely. It's weird they use underspecced graphics cards with some of the video memory removed and things like that. Seems utterly pointless. And the amount they charge for upgrades if you decided to add stuff to your custom Mac from their store is about three times what the component is worth, for some reason. Arghhh, Apple. What an awful company.
As to MacOS, why pay for just another flavour of Unix?
They do it from a purely greed standpoint. They know most mac users are idiots and dont require high performance hardware so they strip it down to bare minimum and leave the price at a premium. ANd you get maximum profits by ripping of your loyal sheeple.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Approved Member

I spend my days supporting windows for a living. When I get home everything is Apple except my gaming PC.
I suppose it's personal choice, I prefer Apple products. Good design, good components and an OS does what you need it to do without moaning.
Blue screens, explorer.exe (not responding), do you want to send this error report to microsoft etc. I don't enjoy that.

Gaming on a MAC, it's possible. I enjoy the occasional session of Call of Duty on my MacBook without issue. It's a shame more peripherals weren't compatible or I be on a MAC for my flight sims too. With Apple doing I7's and aftermarket NVidia cards it'd be possible.

But of course this is all pointless as my original presumption was well off, as I suspected in the first place.