Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:14 PM
Approved Member

Default Singleplayer Dynamic Mission

IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Singleplayer Dynamic Mission

Download (1.3 MB)
  • Fly as a British Section Leader in a Flight of RAF 54 Squadron (Hornchurch) from Satellite airfield Rochford.
  • After each mission, the mission file and briefing will be updated showing current status and move randomly 1 to 3 days ahead.
  • In general every three days will give each RAF Squadron a new plane and each shot down will in average be lost at all other squadrons too.
  • Each convoy ship sunk by Luftwaffe delays shipments of 100 octane fuel forcing you to fly on 'normal' 87 oct. fuel for a few days.
  • Chain Home Radar detects incoming German formations at 85 miles at altitude and if destroyed the Observer Corps will detect formations near coast.
  • Airfields bombed will not serve CAP flights.
  • Ports and Docks bombed will delay 100 octane fuel and aircraft production 1 day.
  • Industrial areas bombed will delay aircraft production 5 days.
  • Victory Conditions for RAF is met at anytime RAF outnumbers Luftwaffe or if Luftwaffe strength is lower that 3:1 by end of October.

DynMis Release 3
New hard coded path to mission file (put inside [<Documents>/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD/missions/Single/] folder) for win7 users.
Also it seems one must have this line in "conf.ini" (resides inside [<Documents>/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD/] folder)

Quote:
[rts]
scriptAppDomain = 0
Kudos to David Hayward for finding me this info!

DynMis Release 2

Improved waypoints (added in sets of 3 rather than previous 2) to reduce AI flight leader calling out "Return to base".
Improved intercept heading for AI flight leader (still room for improvements though).
Supports 'Corpo Aereo Italiano' flying G.50 Freccia (what-if scenario, see 'Other' folder).

DynMis Release 1

This is a rather unusual mission as both the mission file (mis) and briefing file is updated at the end of each mission flown.
Along with those two files there is a DynMis40a.ini file containing the current status of the Battle.
Details about the ini file is found at the top of that very file so have a look if interested to alter some data.

Reset
If you ever want to reset the whole mission for whatever reason, just remove the ini file and start the mission.
As you enter cockpit there will be a message that the files have been restored and you should now have a new fresh ini-file set for 10 July 1940 again.
Now quit the mission and return to the main menu (or the game will still show you old information, but the files are fresh in case you just start it up again without going back to the main menu)

Notes
The German strikes will losely follow the historical dates so expect more attacks on convoys and port in the beginning and coastal targets there after (ports and CH Radar stations as well as coastal airfields) moving to 'Adler Tag' by 24th Aug 1940 when far more airfields will be targeted all over the battle area and finally moving in over London trying to destroy the industrial areas.
But despite historical correctness the targets will be selected somewhat on previous missions to keep the over all pressure on RAF Fighter Command.

As a release 1 this mission will destroy your refridgerator and cause violence in suburbs along with other interesting events. Among others, due to it's time consuming nature, the "balance system" of 1 day here and 3 days there might be all off - feel free to shoot me some feedback (in worst case I might just put it in the ini file for you to decide yourself).

Edit:
Oh, the install thingy.
Put the files but not the folder in "My Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\Single\" (or any folder nearby)

(Psst, there is a readme.txt in the 7z-pack)

Last edited by theOden; 05-18-2015 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Release 3
Old 01-16-2015, 09:33 AM
Approved Member

Anyone who tested this having issue with flight leader just orbiting home base?

I've had reports of such behaviour but trying the official version from the link above I get "let's go get them" a few miles out from home base and off we go to target intercept area.

As we all have different system all kind of issues might occur or maybe there is something with the "install procedure" that I need to look over.

If someone get this working feel free to just pop me a PM or leave a OK note in this thread.

/sherlockHolmesOden
Old 01-16-2015, 06:32 PM
Approved Member

Many thanks I'll give it a spin at the weekend.

Best Regards,
MB_Avro
Old 01-20-2015, 06:38 PM
Approved Member

Thanks so much for your work...I must tell you on the second mission I actually got "bounced".
I was flying along with my mates keeping an eye on the map waiting for the usual indication that I was closing with the enemty ( thinking of blowing away big fat stukas)& not yet seeing them appear on the map when trcers flashed by my cockpit as a big gaggle of 109's came streaking through our formation.In the years I have been playing this sim as a SP this was quite a shock & really fun to have this real surprise!This hasn't ever happened in Disastersoft campaigns!
Thanks - will play the rest of the missions with a little more caution!!!
Old 01-21-2015, 04:21 PM
Approved Member

Great to hear jamesdietz.

With the deafening silence I was afraid the mission wouldn't work on other machines due to the file search in "My Documents\1C SoftClub" along with updating the mission and briefing files and such (I'm new to c-sharp).

Note that you may call for assistance in mission menu (TAB-4) if they bounce you too overwhelming.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOden View Post
Great to hear jamesdietz.

With the deafening silence I was afraid the mission wouldn't work on other machines due to the file search in "My Documents\1C SoftClub" along with updating the mission and briefing files and such (I'm new to c-sharp).

Note that you may call for assistance in mission menu (TAB-4) if they bounce you too overwhelming.
You did a good job! You should post your work over at ATAG!
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/index.php
Quite a few CloD check in over there from time to time.