Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:33 PM
Approved Member

Default Custom control panel for Hurricane

Finally finished it! And everything is working. The only thing that I haven't done is put the knobs on the three levers for Landing Gear, Flaps, and Radiator (because the knobs are to heavy and pull the levers to the bottom of their range, minor details haha)
This control panel is only for the Hawker Hurricane's in the game. Future control panels will be for other individual aircraft. The reason I haven't made a universal panel for all the aircraft is because it seems that each plane has a wide variety of used controls. I would hate to see a button for Airbrake, and have in not work for half the planes. Let me know what you guys think! (sorry the pics are crappy, they were taken with my phone, in a wonderful Holiday Inn Express, oh the life of living on the road)

- Apache

Old 01-17-2014, 07:42 PM
Approved Member

Well done! Dedication and practicality. War winning virtues!
Old 03-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

Hello,
My first post here... I saw your panel and had to sign up...

I am very interested in your panel... I have wanted to do this for my flight sim cockpit for several years now but lack the knowledge on where to start...

Was it very hard to do?

Any basics you could share on doing this?

I get PC Pilot magazine and would love to build a "working" cockpit that has the gauges operating and such but did not think the game software would support it... I know I could do this for using the Microsoft FSX but I want this for an air combat sim...

I would appreciate any ingo you could throw my way!

Thanks a bunch!

Steve
Old 03-06-2014, 08:46 AM
Approved Member

Very nice project!!...might I suggest sliding an O-ring gasket or something to fill that void over the levers to act as a friction to prevent them from dropping...but I'm sure that you have a few ideas of your own to fix that problem.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 03-07-2014, 01:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvo66 View Post
I get PC Pilot magazine and would love to build a "working" cockpit that has the gauges operating and such but did not think the game software would support it... I know I could do this for using the Microsoft FSX but I want this for an air combat sim...
Salvo,

CloD allow use a second monitor via Devicelink to show instruments- you VGA need "dual-output", a common feature - sample:

About: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=3887

Quote:
I have wanted to do this for my flight sim cockpit for several years now but lack the knowledge on where to start...
Was it very hard to do?
No is not very hard to do - but are not easy too.

To start you need basic tools, know how make wire solders, the D.I.Y. stuff.

The first thing is get a USB controller to handle additional buttons, axis... example:

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index....roducts_id=204

What you can do with one - using the tools and some material.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ricane+cockpit

Sokol1
"...we did Co-ops every week. I used to read all the complaints on bananarama how coops was impossible and then I'd go and have a great squad night flying coops....couldn't figure out what they were complaining about. "

Last edited by Sokol1; 03-07-2014 at 01:57 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Registered Member

Thanks Sokol1!

I'll have a look when I get home from work...