Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:40 PM
Approved Member

Default I finally found time to do a new CoD movie: "A Hurricane and two funerals"

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19...als_videogames
(Best in 1080p and fullscreen)

- Hope you like it! - Comments very welcome.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:54 PM
Approved Member

Good to see another video from you. Might not be your best work when compared to your previous video's, but it's still a good example of how nice looking the sim is and how immersive online play can be. Thanks for posting it.

Interesting also to see you're now using Dailymotion instead of Youtube. What was the reasoning behind that?

I almost gave up on Youtube altogether myself when they forced everyone to have a Google+ account in order to comment. But I've decided to stick with it, even though I can no longer comment on other video's or even reply to comments on my own video's.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:49 PM
Approved Member

Excellent. I like the 'screenshot-movie' feature !

What ammunition were you using?
Old 01-14-2014, 06:29 PM
Approved Member

Yepp,

missed your movies. Cool you made one. Dont get me wrong i like your movies but the old ones were MMUUUCCHH longer.

TY
ASUS GTX 680 TOP
Corsair 16GB RAM
Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas
Saitek Pro Rudder
Track IR 5

SB Audigy 2 ZS
Old 01-26-2014, 11:46 AM
Approved Member

Avro, I just use a mix of all the ammo types...

Summers, are you saying that you want the long movies back? Hmm, I guess not.

The old movies had a main purpose, which was showing off CoD to all those simmers who didn't want to try it or who had given up on it. So, they were mostly meant for simmers. In my latest ones I've tried to make it all a bit more cinematic. About 100 times more work...
Old 01-26-2014, 11:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Interesting also to see you're now using Dailymotion instead of Youtube. What was the reasoning behind that?

I almost gave up on Youtube altogether myself when they forced everyone to have a Google+ account in order to comment. But I've decided to stick with it, even though I can no longer comment on other video's or even reply to comments on my own video's.
Yes, I got sick and tired of youtube. We make free content for them to earn heaps of money on ads, and then they treat the customers like this... Dailymotion is not better, though, with ads all the time... Wonder if I could host them myself? I have my own site and server space. Can I just upload movies there?
Old 01-26-2014, 05:32 PM
Approved Member

I don't know much about hosting video's. I know it can be done, but I don't know the details or what all the options are.

Unfortunately, Youtube is probably still the easiest solution. Vimeo charges you for embedded views beyond a limited amount they give you for 'free' when you're a paying member. And if you're hosting the video's yourself on your own server the bandwidth used whenever the video plays will be added to the personal monthly up/download use you pay your internet service provider for.

About the ads, if you're using the Firefox web browser, you can use this add-on to block advertizing on the video's and web-sites you look at -

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...rc=cb-dl-users

It doesn't stop the web-sites putting the ads there, but at least you and anyone else who uses the add-on doesn't have to see them.

Last edited by Les; 01-26-2014 at 05:41 PM.