Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 03-02-2015, 12:51 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Sadly it WAS developed on 1.12 Basis, but you COULD try it with 1.11, there shouldn't be too many issues on this. Try to Backup it before tho.
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)
Old 03-02-2015, 03:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekito View Post
I have 1.11 English version, the Russian patch does not work for me..
If both versions of the patch don't work for you, just unpack unprotected version, then copy LocData and Scripts folders overwriting files in your SW3 install directory. Done.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:53 AM
Registered Member

umm how/where do I download nocalora29's mod? I try clicking the download links for the combined mod and voiceover mod but I always just end up at the MEGA site....
Old 05-07-2015, 10:07 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default Problems 2.0

Hello there again, Once Again I've come back struggling with some Problems of mine regarding Scripting.

I hope somebody will be able to help me on this, I really want to get this working.

Here we go:
This Problem drives me Insane, I did try to fix it for quite some time now, but without success...

Maybe I just explain what im trying to do before going deeper into stuff:

I am trying to make an Script which generates Portal Blockades (Gate Blockades/huge Fleets of Random picked Factions defending an Portal) all over the Star Wolves 3 universe, these need to be Destroyed by the Player in order to get past Safely through that particular picked Portal. (They won't go away until they are Terminated)

I have them allready picking random Systems through an created function of mine which Selects them via RND in an lua table.

But the Core script I've written to make them Spawn and do everything else just Crashes the game instantly most of the time, with NO to me valuable information regarding the problem and cause of the crash.

- Well I can FORCE make an Blockade, through the Main Function.
But I seemingly can't make the Generator work... sadly :/

--Now lets get to the deeper Stuff

I have made an Function which gets Executed everytime the player changes an System, and with that Function, I attached another Function- (This method does not cause problems at all, it works most of the time) -which is the Initalization, the Generator, and the Core function of the Gate Blockade Script.

Load Order of these Function in Runtime:
SW3EXP_GateBlockades_Generate(); -> SW3EXP_GateBlockades_Init(); -> SW3EXP_GateBlockades_Slot1_Add(TargetPortal, Faction, SystemName); [IF PLAYER ENTERS AFFECTED SYSTEM]
SW3EXP_GateBlockades_Slot2_Add(TargetPortal, Faction, SystemName); [IF PLAYER ENTERS AFFECTED SYSTEM]
SW3EXP_GateBlockades_Slot3_Add(TargetPortal, Faction, SystemName); [IF PLAYER ENTERS AFFECTED SYSTEM]
SW3EXP_GateBlockades_Slot4_Add(TargetPortal, Faction, SystemName); [IF PLAYER ENTERS AFFECTED SYSTEM]
SW3EXP_GateBlockades_Slot5_Add(TargetPortal, Faction, SystemName); [IF PLAYER ENTERS AFFECTED SYSTEM]
SW3EXP_GateBlockades_Slot6_Add(TargetPortal, Faction, SystemName); [IF PLAYER ENTERS AFFECTED SYSTEM]

I really have no Idea why, but in the Script "sw3_expansion_GateBlockades.lua" it just crashes every time at the SW3EXP_GateBlockades_Init(); Function as soon as it passes through this IF:
"if cur_loc == GetQuestLabel("__SW3EXP@GateSys_Slot1_AffectedSyst em") then", (Including the other Slot ones), and the times it does not crash, it just doesn't execute the Code.

atleast thats the impression I got from it.

The Files of the Mod (Including the crashing ones of course) are here for DL for Further inspection.
Link

It would be really Awesome if someone would be able to help me on this Matter.

Another Note: These Slot's: "Slot1","Slot2" and so on.. are Simply the same Function in multiple script files, but with minimal altered code in order to make it possible to have Max. 6 Gates blocked at a Time in the universe, But for the problem solving right now, I want to get the First slot working, after that, It will be easy to apply the changes to the other Slots.

If it is any Help, here are the Files which have contact with the Gate Blockade script, or interact with them in some way.
Note: I use the followers.lua script basically almost as an Autorun for other Scripts.

Data\Scripts\include\Addons\sw3_expansion\
sw3_expansion_followers.lua [ Line: 306 ] <-- Loads the Gate Blockade script.
sw3_expansion_functions.lua <- Select Random System function & Select Random Group function
sw3_expansion_GateBlockades.lua <- Slot 1 / Core
sw3_expansion_GateBlockades_2.lua <- Slot 2
sw3_expansion_GateBlockades_3.lua <- Slot 3
sw3_expansion_GateBlockades_4.lua <- Slot 4
sw3_expansion_GateBlockades_5.lua <- Slot 5
sw3_expansion_GateBlockades_6.lua <- Slot 6

Final Note: I Deactivated the Slots 2 - 6 in the system.lst until the main Problem in the Core/Slot1 script is clear.

If there are any Questions left regarding How I did how and where, just tell me.

I Will keep trying to fix this, but I hope somebody with more Experience with this can help me out.
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)

Last edited by nocalora29; 05-08-2015 at 08:36 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:19 PM
Approved Member

Hey, guys. I have a question about editing interceptors. I want to change slot types from missile to small guns.
What i did:

changed slots.ini for said interceptor.
changed IMD file for interceptor(changed rockets to small guns type via menu)

Weapons install fine, butthe interceptor does not fire them. Any ideas?
Old 06-04-2015, 12:12 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default 0.4

Well, Since I can't get this to work apparently, I need to skip this script and finish/fix it later on.

Im happy to announce SW3.Expansion 0.4.

Changelog:
Added: Experimental Respawn System (Deactivated on Hard Mode)
Added: New Custom Mission for the Patrol found in the Contracts Tab at Maintance Stations
*Note: The Mission is in no way connected to the main Lore & Story of the Game.
Added: Story Ship Blocking Script (You can Turn it Off and On, This Script controls wether the game is allowed to change your Mothership for another Mothership or Not, This script ONLY affects the Story-Scripts which change your Mothership. You can Change your Mothership without interuption as ususal at Goblin's Mothershipyard)
Added: 2 helpful Functions found in the sw3_expansion_Functions.lua File
Added: 2 new Modules which get used in the new Custom Mission. thats the only place where you are able to get them for now.
Added: Many IMD's and Textures for ships and Stations/Objects, which I use in the next couple releases.
Added: Mod Menu perk for your Hero. (Thanks to Nanaki for helping me out on this one)
Added: Tunguska System -> Accessible through Corrino
Added: Sternschnuppe System -> Accessible through Tunguska - This system is still in Development + it crashes from time to time, so be CAREFUL and Save before you get into the system.
Added: 1 Secret you can find at the Tunguska system. Plz do not encounter it when you aren't late game level, since you will be Annihilated beyond believe when you aren't Ready.
Fixed: The Bank System is now fully Working, you get Income every 5 system jumps, you can also Upgrade your Income.

Theres most likely some more stuff, which I forgot to list here, but oh well...

Since I don't want to spam my Mod in a thread which is just there to help other people with their modding attempts, and not to Release mods in it. I am Sorry, and will create an Thread for the Mod whenever I release the next Version of my Mod.

I would be very happy if anyone wants to test this Release, Especially the new Custom Mission. (Part 1 is finished, Part 2 is still in DEVELOPMENT and will find place in the following system which you will get teleported to after you've defeated the enemies)

Download Link: SW3.Expansion 0.4
Savegame for Testing (Although it would really be better when you would start an New Game, you may use this Save to look at the somewhat new features, and stuffs): SaveTest.sav

And don't forget to use the Hyperjump features once in a while, it really helps whenever you want to get somewhere Fast.

Tip: You can configure the mod in the InitTeamScript.script file, there are many variables which you can edit to your likings.

If anybody is interested in Additional Soundtracks for this game:
HomeWorld 2 Soundtrack: https://mega.nz/#!V0RT2T5A!ud4ob6Q3u...J6U8q5MzYPjpv8
Star Wolves 1 Soundtrack: https://mega.nz/#!VkAVEJYD!bm5TOTJ5N...DV-YB_bC75yxGc

Last edited by nocalora29; 06-05-2015 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:09 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default *sigh*

This forum becomes quiter and quiter each time I visit it...
even though I dislike the use of these kinds of stuff, I think its fitting ATM *anybody?*

Last edited by nocalora29; 06-13-2015 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocalora29 View Post
This forum becomes quiter and quiter each time I visit it...
even though I dislike the use of these kinds of stuff, I tihnk its fitting ATM *anybody?*
I'm Still Here Every now and then but i'm not sure how i can help bec. I'm not as good as you in modding
Old 06-14-2015, 12:09 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Neo Genesis

Well... If you would like to help me testing the Mod, I Would be very thankful, Its nothing more than just Backing up your Game Files, and Installing the newest version of the Mod, everything to do then is only to search for Bugs or Errors, Thats all to it, except that sometimes it will probably be neccesary to Post the log file here, or somewhere else where I can read it through if some strange problem should occur.

But shall be Warned: It surely is something very annoying to do, because some Bugs may crash the game, several times, or Require you to start a new Game each time you find a Bug where the Fix to the bug Only affects new Games.

I Really would only Recommend testing this Mod if you have some spare Freetime for it.

-Its reliefes me that there are still some -more- people here.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:10 AM
Approved Member

1.) Can You Tell Me On How I Can Restore the Stating ship of New Game to the Tug Boat . The Hurricane Gets Hurled off & the Starting Mission Dialogue won't show up .
2.) Is it Possible to Increase the Size of Portals ? It would be better for large ships.)
3.) The ( Reject System Have no Icon ) Besides that it works
4.) There is a corvette with 2 turrets & 2 Systems with ( Not found String ) as Name & Definition It Launches but Can't Dock in the Manticore but can in other MS. Its Select Circle is also a bit too forward making it a target hard to hit . It also moves very weirdly
5.) Butcher Can't Dock on the Manticore Only
6.) Star Jump ( USS # 5 Not Found String )
7.) Mothership Respawn Does not Work ( When you Click yes on Respawn Nothing Happens.)
8.) Fighter Shipyard . I Can Only see until # 11 Can't see the other fighters , same goes for ( other motherships ) Maybe it has something to do with the word size / font or spacing
9.) The ( Basilisk GK Gun was turned to Heavy Gun Instead of Major Caliber )
10.) About the Hel Carrier Is it in the GW Shipyard or Somewhere
11.) Just a Suggestion about the New Weapons How about using the Other Unused Icons For Easier Recognition like the ones in SW 1 Mothership Mod
12.) About the New Missions & New Weapon Rewards , Where can I Find Them ?
13.) In The Mission ( Delivering Cargo to Copernicus Station ) My Mothership Won't Enter the Intrasystem Portal . The Mothership Switch Canceller Has Been Activated
14.) When you Return The Ship To the Falcon Station & The Mothership Switch Canceller Has Been Activated Your Mothership Blows Up When you reach the station

Last edited by Neo Genesis; 06-18-2015 at 04:05 PM.