Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:37 AM
Approved Member

I agree that Heal is a great spell; it just seems (to me) like a spell where if you have to you can easily get by with it just at level 1. Actually, the Order spells that convince me to upgrade are mostly Battle Cry and Resurrect - both of those become much more useful when they hit level-3.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "revive" spell. There's Resurrect, although it doesn't work on plants, machines, undead, level-5 units, and a few other odd cases. And it costs quite a bit of mana, and doesn't resurrect that many. Fit of Energy "revives" a unit in that it lets it move again that turn. King's Bounty: The Legend had the "Gift" spell, but it was removed when they made KB:AP (understandably, because it was overpowered); that one reset all the abilities so (for example) inquisitors could resurrect again in the same battle.

I'm not sure if you lose money losing and re-buying scrolls. But scrolls are really cheap by late-game (on Hard difficulty or below, you'll probably pile up 3 million gold or more; whether you lose some money swapping a 500-gold scroll in and out of a castle really isn't be a big worry).
Old 01-23-2011, 09:40 AM
Registered Member

Interesting. Okay, thank you! Looks like I need to find a revive scroll then, and I'll watch for battle cry. If the gold loss is that insignificant, then selling them seems like a good storage method. I have 31/11 or so scrolls (meaning about 3x my capacity), so I'm going to need to store them somewhere. I just need to make sure I sell them to a castle with crappy items I don't mind burying. I've noticed (for example, in the first castle) that when it fills up, you can't access the old stuff. Had to buy something worthless to get that dragon sword once I had the cash for it.

I've noticed that the wanderer's scroll I had always gives me dragonflies (I tried a few save/reloads to see what my options would be). I gather it's predefined when I pick up the scroll, then.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazat View Post
I've noticed (for example, in the first castle) that when it fills up, you can't access the old stuff. Had to buy something worthless to get that dragon sword once I had the cash for it.
That doesn't sound right. Check right above the items or scrolls. If the castle has more than it can display at one time, you'll see a left and right triangle. Click those to move forward and backward through the items/scrolls.

And yes, you only get half for anything you sell, and it's full price to buy it back. So you "lose" gold selling scrolls only to buy them back later, but as others have said, you should have plenty of gold in the later game, so it's not a problem.

Quote:
I've noticed that the wanderer's scroll I had always gives me dragonflies (I tried a few save/reloads to see what my options would be). I gather it's predefined when I pick up the scroll, then.
The summon scrolls are random, so if you don't like what you get, you can try again. But first you have to enter a new area, like a cave or island to re-randomize the options. Also, you're limited by your current leadership, so don't expect a black dragon (Call Colossus scroll) if you only have 2,000 leadership.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Registered Member

Excellent, thank you. I didn't notice the arrows.

I'll also change areas and retry the wanderer scroll. I was wondering if I had to do something to randomize it, but didn't think of that. I had tried moving around to a different spot on the map, letting enemies move around in hopes that their random movement decisions would change the selection, etc. I'm a programmer, so I think about these things.

I have enough leadership for 3 cyclops (well over 4500). Unfortunately I haven't found the call colossi scroll yet. That would rock.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I'll also change areas and retry the wanderer scroll.
It's a lot easier to use eggs and sprouts to get a diffent outcome:
1) quicksave
2) use scroll. If outcome is not to your liking reload
3) use egg or sprout and delete new stack
4) goto (1)

Important: you can only get troops that are within your ledership and not already in your army (so if you have a black dragon and want another one, park the first in a castle).

note: the scroll Song of the Wind can give you Royal Griffons, in case you like those.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

That's even better, thank you. And yes, royal griffins would probably be the most effective. They have a reasonable amount of health so I'm less likely to lose them when trying to do no-loss battles, and their summons are immensely useful for controlling losses as well.

I have a bunch of snake eggs and griffin eggs, which I assume with produce crap units (the weakest of the creature series), so it's nice to finally have a use for them.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
That's even better, thank you. And yes, royal griffins would probably be the most effective. They have a reasonable amount of health so I'm less likely to lose them when trying to do no-loss battles, and their summons are immensely useful for controlling losses as well.

I have a bunch of snake eggs and griffin eggs, which I assume with produce crap units (the weakest of the creature series), so it's nice to finally have a use for them.
Royal Griffons are very common on Verona, so don't assume you need to summon them. I'd strongly recommend Dryads instead.

Heal at level 2 is substantially better than level 1. It costs less and heals more. Level 3 is 1 mana for a heal large enough to heal dragons. Some pretty powerful early game strategies involve using just a single Green Dragon, with stone skin, and healing it.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

Nice. I have L2 for both magic trees (distortion and the healing one, name escapes me) and it's helping a lot. It's nice that the heal spell finally does something worth while. Unfortunately many of the L2 distortion spells are pricey in mana. Glad I have a dragon that converts rage to mana.

Unfortunately my dragon sword's morale dropped too low and it's no longer helping me. *grumble*
Old 02-01-2011, 12:23 AM
Approved Member

You can always "suppress" the item , if you have enough army to fight the keepers.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:38 AM
Registered Member

Not yet. When I tried it out to see how nasty the battle would be, I got my butt handed to me. I didn't have much problem suppressing the axe in the storyline (trying to avoid spoilers), but this battle was an order of magnitude or two harder.