Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryastar View Post
THAT EXPLAINS IT! One battle I was fighting had a stack of Guardsmen as the last enemy stack, and the stupid thing evaded six attacks in a row stretching across two rounds of combat. I eventually just gave up and killed them with a spell. That % chance must have kicked in (along with terrible luck on my part).
In the new patches that was fixed. Now a unit that has the evade trait can only evade 50% of the time. This means that after it had evaded a blow, the next attack will hit with a 100% chance.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
For example, the fighter has skills that directly give to attack, defense or a mix, instead of something vague like getting additional attack when killing a troop. Mages can now can cast 3 or 2 spells consecutively if they are 7 mana or less.
loooooool and the PALADIN?
Old 07-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Approved Member

The Paladin gets a skill that adds directly to the Atk/Def values of the units. He also gets the skill to directly reduce the atk/def of the enemy demons and undead (Holy anger).

In addition to that I must say I have sorely underestimated the Resurrection skill that the paladin gets. At lvl 3 it ressurrects 100% of any one fallen troop (they still count as losses though), usually the most important one (if you lose 3 archdemons, 1 Black Dragon and 150 archmages, it will ress the archmages).
Old 07-09-2009, 06:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
The Paladin gets a skill that adds directly to the Atk/Def values of the units. He also gets the skill to directly reduce the atk/def of the enemy demons and undead (Holy anger).

In addition to that I must say I have sorely underestimated the Resurrection skill that the paladin gets. At lvl 3 it ressurrects 100% of any one fallen troop (they still count as losses though), usually the most important one (if you lose 3 archdemons, 1 Black Dragon and 150 archmages, it will ress the archmages).
i understand, not bad..... but paladin also is not bad on KB TL. Resurrection scroll is GREAT, for many guys like me, that play with ONLY 1 race without changing..... i hate mix units from other races, i won't pick "the best of them", and an easy resurrect is very usefull from beginning

But i'm finishing now with paladin KB TL, i won't play with paladin the KB AP....
perhaps the mage
Old 07-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
T-Rex What can I say, I love this guy! 1000 HP, 80-120 damage, and 4 movement points? 6 Initiative? Giants and Ogres can sulk away in shame...
This unit is great but it hate dragons and dragons hate T-rex. Also Royal Griffin hates this lizard VERY much. I think army of dragons is one of the strongest you can create (self-resurrecting units like vampires can be more effective against bosses). It is possible use together 4 types of dragons - black, red, emerald and bone. And only black ones can't be cloned with "Phantom". 5th stack can be a type of demons or vampire - dragons don't care. By the way daragons have best speed.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Approved Member

Dragons are good, especially if you manage to get the Voice of the Dragon skill (last tier skill in the paladin tree, requires a crapload of mind runes), but still, a high-morale party with good fire resistance makes a minced meat out of them, and even a mage can get it. The portrait of bill gilbert + royal griffins = +2 human morale very early in the game, meaning +20% atk/def and increased crit. Besides, you can't resurrect Black Dragons (unless you're playing Paladin and have ress skill lvl 3), which is a certain setback, because they do cost a lot and you usually have limited amounts of them.

Dragons do well for a mage because of their high HP's and initiative, allowing you to cast spells before the enemy starts advancing at you. As a mage, the only way you'll have to resurrect the Black dragons you lose is through Time Back, a spell which is usually available on the Rehau and Shetterra continents or Nameless island (haven't seen it anywhere else by now), both of which must be discovered first, and suffice to say, the maps are heavily guarded. In addition to that, with the new patches, map guards are immobile, so no map stealing anymore.

I do agree that dragons are good, but in higher difficulties (even in hard, late game, I can imagine what will be on impossible), they just don't cut it, because it's difficult and costly to resurrect them all the time. I'd rather go with a party with maximum paladins + inquisitors + ranged units with high morale + 2 more melee units in reserve (for the end-game boss Ctakhu and the last battle). Time back may restore dragons to a previous state, but it also restores the use of Paladin's unit Prayer skill, allowing you to resurrect all allies of lvl 1-4 around the paladin (it isn't hard to cast mass haste and get them around him in 1 turn, doesn't work on lvl 5 units) and hit the big resurrection button. Then hit time back and resurrect again. That usually is the best way to end the battle without any losses in the endgame. The only setback is that Prayer doesn't resurrect slain troops, but this is why you have Inquisitors. That's pretty much entire army ressed in 2 turns without even losing a sliver of mana - and it works on hard like a charm (99% of the time without the second ress, I personally only used it once in the battle with Ctakhu and once in the battle with Baal, which are the 2 toughest battles), so it will work on impossible as well. That allows your mage to cast offensive spells like crazy or your paladin or warrior to preserve their mana supply (which is usually small) for extra resurrections and buffs, since there is no gift spell anymore. We abused it enough in KBTL

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I do agree dragons are good. I'm just biased and over-obsessed with high morale armies that have high chances to get a critical. As you know, a critical strike multiplies the damage by 1.5. So if you have a stack that, say, is worth 2000 leadership and crits 100% of the time, this means it's actual leadership is 3000 (because it acts as if you have 1.5x2000 units). If it crits 50% of the time, it's like you have a stack of 2500 leadership (1.25x2000 units).

Last edited by DGDobrev; 07-09-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Approved Member

"In addition to that, with the new patches, map guards are immobile, so no map stealing anymore."

Is there a new patch out? I have patch 1.1.If so could you post a link? many thanks!
Old 07-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Approved Member

http://www.kingsbounty.ru/

http://www.kingsbounty.ru/patches.php - provides patches + changelog, provided you speak russian

The second article in the official site provides 2 patches, the first one is for the CD/DVD version. However, map guardians are immobile since patch 1.0.0.2 I think. Actually, the new patch doesn't improve that much. The most notable thing is that it fixes some improper rune giveaways - there is a proper scheme to it, consisting of 5 different giveaways, although I haven't noticed a discrepancy. Other notable fixes are Battle alchemy (counter of burnt/poisoned enemies improves properly), some fixes to items and creatures and time back and trap work properly in "complicated situations" (whatever that means, I never saw a problem with it). Also AI is supposed to be better.

I doubt they're referring to the reduced rune incomes after lvl 50, because for all I read it is supposed to work that way and there are 2 ot 3 rune giveaway schemes.

EDIT: Maybe there's something to do with the no level cap. However, getting up to 60 is hard to do. The last game with Paladin on hard, I had +5% XP from lvl 3 upwards and got the +XP by digging as many chests on the battlefield as I could ASAP. I killed every enemy on the map, did every quest and still got up to lvl 55, as it was in my normal game with a warrior.

So I guess in order to get up to 60 or more, one would have to use some sort of a mod.

Last edited by DGDobrev; 07-09-2009 at 03:12 PM.