Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > NecroVisioN > NecroVisioN: Lost Company

NecroVisioN: Lost Company Prequel to the old-school, horror FPS

Old 09-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Approved Member

in the first NVN there were many secret places, what about Lost Company?

drivable vehicles looks awesome.it's good that the game also contains female NPC.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4LL0UT View Post
In other words: Full price for a half new game... ? :/
I don't blame Farm 51 or the publisher for this attempt, since it's a general tendency in the business, but seriously: I miss classical addons. I hope that this will be like with Battle out of Hell - so you'll have the choice if you want to install it as a stand alone game or as an expansion.

I don't like having different applications for a game and its expansions, but I really hate having different folders for them. It's not that comfortable and it's an incredible waste of diskspace as the games could actually use shared ressources. Also patching both games separately is absolutely needless. And the worst what could happen: Enhancements for the prequel while the original game remains the same it was while it could also make use of possible performance improvements and reduced loading times.

I know, it's not always possible to do it and sometimes there are so massive changes made to the engine, that it's not worth the effort to make the original game work on the upgraded one, but in most cases it would be perfectly possible and make sense... <.<

Well, anyways: I'm looking forward to playing Lost Company. It seems to add the stuff that I felt was missing in NecroVision.
it's understandable that they're doing it this way now though. look at it from their perspective, necrovision isn't the kind of game to get that great sales. so that they're even doing an expansion at all is kind of awesome. I actually wasn't expecting it. same with cryostasis (although that one is probably not getting a sequel/expansion it seems like? hehe) anyway back to the point I was poorly trying to make there. on a game that already didn't sell that well you can't chain the expansion down to work for only the small number of people that bought the original game because then in terms of sales you'll only ever get a percentage of the copies the first game sold. and never more.

but yeah, if it was possible to tie it to the original game somehow (especially since it's built on that engine) this would definitely be better and convenient.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:09 AM
Approved Member

Divebomb makes a good point, this game hasn't got a huge following.
Infact (as you can see from the comments on the video) alot of people instantly dismiss this as "another wolfenstein clone" which, aside from being utterly stupid and annoying as hell to see posted for every vid, is also the reason why this game hasn't been checked out by the majority of the gaming world.

You should look at this as more of a re-vamped version to (hopefully) get more people interested. The addition of more vehicles might actually stop idiots from claiming this to be a rip off and instead actually play it.
Perhaps sometime in the future we could see a true add-on for NecroVisioN - But for now, any new levels/baddies/weapons/features are much appreciated.

Oh and as for the comments about taking up disk space - I didn't think this was even an issue anymore, hard drive prices have been dropping steadily for a long time. 8gb is nothing when most systems these days have well over 2TB of space.
I've got 4.5 myself, and just recently bought another 2TB for about $250 AU. If you are that concerned with having to install many of the same files again, i'd suggest you get another drive to save future hassles too.
Games are just going to keep getting bigger and bigger. Soon enough we'll need 20-50GB of HD space just for a basic game. Best to get ahead of the trend now rather than later.

Last edited by Nokturnal; 09-11-2009 at 03:12 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb View Post
I actually wasn't expecting it. same with cryostasis (although that one is probably not getting a sequel/expansion it seems like? hehe)
i'll be really glad for Cryostasis sequel/expansion
Old 09-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Approved Member

check '"Lost Company" page in the game's official website . it says •Player can lead and control his team during single player campaign• it could be awesome
Old 09-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Approved Member

any news?
Old 09-22-2009, 07:16 AM
Approved Member

What kind of info you want to know?
Old 09-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
What kind of info you want to know?

actually anything new about the game for example interviews with devs and more...thanks for the quick reply
Old 10-05-2009, 08:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal View Post
Divebomb makes a good point, this game hasn't got a huge following.
Infact (as you can see from the comments on the video) alot of people instantly dismiss this as "another wolfenstein clone"
That's pretty funny considering the newest Wolfenstein was dismissed by many as a Call of Duty clone.

Anyway, I can't wait for this game.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

NVN is a way different than Wolfenstein for sure. but for only a moment both have some similarities, when people only looks at screens or a short trailer they may consider the game wrongly.