Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames

Fulqrum PublishingGames Discuss Fulqrum Publishing games not listed below.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:13 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation Freight Tycoon Inc. Vista patch is available!

We released the long-awaited patch, which solves the problem of running the game with Windows Vista.
You can download it here or in the download section of the game on our site: http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/frei...-inc/downloads

To make the work on the next patch more fast and efficient, please send all bugs (description of the bug and detailed system specifications) to support@1cpublishing.eu
Old 09-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Registered Member

Unhappy

im having a little bit of trouble with the patch i run the installer and i get "Freight tycoon has not been found. The installer will now abort."

so any clues tried installing to a different directory same thing tried running the patch out of the folder its installed to and same again
Old 09-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by siscomkii View Post
im having a little bit of trouble with the patch i run the installer and i get "Freight tycoon has not been found. The installer will now abort."

so any clues tried installing to a different directory same thing tried running the patch out of the folder its installed to and same again
Try to send your detailed system description to our support team: support@1cpublishing.eu
Maybe they can help you.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Registered Member

just so peeps know the devs say its a common problem and they are looking at it

lol
Old 10-03-2008, 04:05 AM
Registered Member

Default patch

i have emailed them and i havent had a word back yet
Old 01-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

Any update on this problem?
Old 06-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Registered Member

Hi all!

For those still unable to patch the game, I just found a work-around, and I'm here to share it with you!

Simply download izu-ftivcp.rar ("ftivcp" stands for "Freight Tycoon Inc. Vista Compatibility Patch"), and extract its content on the same place than you put the original non-working patch downloaded here, then double-click on "Patch.bat". It is basically just a simple "DOS" batch, which will do everything step by step, telling you everything in live. You can edit it if you wanna know more. It will extract the only usefull file from the original patch, search for your installation's folder (note to the game's developpers: this information is available in the registry, lol), rename the original file, and finally replace it by the patched one.

I dunno why 1C didn't let those having troubles with their patch the ability to download that single file (tycoon.dll) which is, once zipped, like 5 times smaller than the patch itself...!

And for those wondering why I made a script instead of just giving you the correct dll... Well, it's only to make you more confident about where the file comes from, and the devs about the fact I didn't modify anything myself. It's their own work, I just patched the patch!

That's it, you can finally enjoy what you paid for.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

Arrow

Here is the Patch
that fixes the loading issues.

The official Vista Patch does not work as it does not recognize that the game is installed...
There was a batch file made by someone that extracts the files of the official patch, and apparently only this DLL file is needed.
So this DLL is from the official patch, simply replace the original "Tycoon.dll" in your installation folder with this.

Hope this helps, it's simplest way, and it works.
Old 09-14-2023, 03:38 AM
Registered Member

You Have to have an access key to take control of the base they always have one for sale or in the cargo hold so check there