Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Approved Member

and Luthier did mention, in one interview early in the piece, that they would love to get in on a 777 type pie arrangement.
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_Rider View Post
and Luthier did mention, in one interview early in the piece, that they would love to get in on a 777 type pie arrangement.
I'm sure the IC publishers and Luthiers development team looked at a number of ways to generate funds in a genre with such high costs and relatively low returns. Personally I would have liked to see to some kind of change to make the genre more profitable, so that I could expect to see continued support for the kind of sim products I'd like to see. Unfortunately when its all about profit, the sim dies, and the fluff wins. We need people like Oleg/Luthier who built sims for the love of the genre aswell as making a living. Unfortunately they've been unceremoniously cut out of the market, for a more profit based model. Its understandable but the simmer who wants more detail could lose.

I don't know what the "sweet spot" would be to find a balance between profit and sim making in today's world, but its so much harder, because of the detail demanded, and the time/money it takes to provide that detail. ROF didn't cost me alot of money as I didn't want or need to fly all the aircraft put up for sale. I usually found that I concentrated on flying a few fighter aircraft, but would gladly pay for a few highly detailed/costly to build bomber aircraft. That said I'm finding it very hard to support 777 Studios, in the underhanded way, albeit business way, they undercut the COD developers/game engine and made it near impossible for anyone else to pick up the more detailed and capable game engine for my simming needs. I understand business is business, but business drove away Oleg, now Luthier. Oleg and Luthier have probably moved on to more lucrative business, but we've lost much of the passion and vision the genre requires.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 03-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Approved Member

Maybe as 3D-Model Printing develops and the machine cost falls, there may be some hope for a team to come along in the future,
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/02/...ing-takes-off/

http://3dprintermodel.com/3D-Modeling.php

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 03-04-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:45 AM
Approved Member

I lost interest in Flight sims for a while but now I came back to see what was happening and, wow. I think im gonna go do an honorary flight to remember the old times.

G.C.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Approved Member

There are no 'old times' mate, this sim is being modded, new patch out this week (or next week latest) with loads of improvements.

Details here.
theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forum.php
Closed Thread