Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > NecroVisioN > NecroVisioN: Lost Company

NecroVisioN: Lost Company Prequel to the old-school, horror FPS

Old 02-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Registered Member

Default Not possible to replay "The Cure"

Because a vampire artifact is a required quest item in order to proceed, and the vampire artifacts do not respawn, therefore it is not possible to complete the level on a second attempt. and if the artifacts get associated to the profile it is not possible to replay a previously saved game. Please fix this.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Approved Member

I've just hit this during a Demon Crusher run. If I start DC on a new profile, I can't use my "nvnalllevels" trick to get me past the flying chapter, which I'm unable to play because of the "invert mouse" problem I agree with jiminator that a patch is required.

I know this may fall on deaf ears but I'll ask anyway - any word on whether a patch is going to be released?
Old 04-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Registered Member

Default Patch please

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminator View Post
Because a vampire artifact is a required quest item in order to proceed, and the vampire artifacts do not respawn, therefore it is not possible to complete the level on a second attempt. and if the artifacts get associated to the profile it is not possible to replay a previously saved game. Please fix this.
I ran into the same bug. I finished the game on recruit without a glitch and started again on normal. In the level 6 "The cure" I'm stuck after I picked the vaccine and the documents. The door to the level closes and after all enemies are killed there is no way to leave the level. PLEEEEASE patch this ASAP.
Besides that: The game is great.

@jiminator: you should add your great youtube video to your post, as evidence. (if it doesn't break any rules of this forum)

Last edited by Darklord; 04-07-2010 at 10:50 AM. Reason: additional note
Old 04-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Approved Member

@Darklord - You can use "nvnalllevels" on normal/MoC, to jump to the subsequent Chapters and Challenge Rooms. If you just choose to play them in order, nothing's lost because you don't carry forward ammo and weapons between Chapters anyway.

That'll give you something to do while we wait for any news of a patch If it does materialize, I'm going to play the game all over again because it was so much fun. This and the "invert mouse" problem has spoiled an otherwise excellent game.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for the tip. I just thought about using this cheat but I was (and still am) hopeful there soon is a patch or another solution to avoid this bug. I also tried manipulating the config.ini and the profile but still no luck.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Registered Member

Default Solution for this bug

Finally, I found a solution to circumvent this annoying bug.
You have to create a new profile and put the first autosave file for chapter 8 in it. You have to find the folder that contains a savegameinfo file where the 3rd line reads: o.Type = "AutoNewLevel". I guess this resets the artifact spawning.
Maybe it's sufficient to put this line in a newer savegameinfo file. Go and test it I'm now going to continue my second round of NVLC.

oops, forgot something: You have also to change the line which refers to your profile name, e.g.o.Profile = "default" goes to o.Profile = "xyz", otherwise it will not work.

Last edited by Darklord; 04-08-2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: important note
Old 06-21-2010, 12:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
Finally, I found a solution to circumvent this annoying bug.
You have to create a new profile and put the first autosave file for chapter 8 in it. You have to find the folder that contains a savegameinfo file where the 3rd line reads: o.Type = "AutoNewLevel". I guess this resets the artifact spawning.
Maybe it's sufficient to put this line in a newer savegameinfo file. Go and test it I'm now going to continue my second round of NVLC.

oops, forgot something: You have also to change the line which refers to your profile name, e.g.o.Profile = "default" goes to o.Profile = "xyz", otherwise it will not work.
thanks dude, i use your tip to finish this level again !
Something strange in "the cure" level:
1rts time playing it : 1 artefact in the lab
2nd time playing it : 1 artefact near the dynamite room
? strange :s

Hope it gonna be fix !!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminator View Post
It will be fixed (along with other bugs) with the upcoming patch