Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > Planet Alcatraz

Planet Alcatraz 3D role playing game with isometric projection.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:26 AM
Registered Member

Thumbs down Bad Localization!

This game has one of the worst English translations I've ever seen.

It seems like a great game besides that, but since it's an rpg the text is very important.
A Farewell to Dragons has similar problems, but not nearly as bad.

I appreciate getting these hardcore, high-concept rpgs (which are becoming very rare in the west) but you've gotta step up the translations!

I don't mind small mistakes here and there, but when the game doesn't make any sense it's a problem.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Registered Member

I agree with you man... Great game, bad dialog... I wonder if they'll release an update or if someone has made a mod to correct the text (I probably would if I knew how)

Is there a mod tool or an sdk out there for this game?
Old 07-12-2010, 03:58 AM
Registered Member

If you think that this game has shit translation, try "A Farewell to Dragons"... shitty translation, pathfinding, bugs and all...

I'll hazard that some of us think that they'd've been MUCH better off just using machine translation, as I dunno about Planet Alcatraz but I've gotten conversation option in AFtD that make zero difference when read in the response options. (Haven't summoned the will yet to actually try and compare the option results yet as the godawful translation and pathfinding has made decide to take an INCREDIBLY LONG break from the game...)

Oh, and as far as localization goes, they screwed the English version of Star Wolves 3: Civil War out of ALL voice acting outside of movies v. the homeland version and German version...(also, presumably the Polish version will have voice acting...) Remember this is a PUBLISHER choice, NOT the devs choice. Thanks 1C.

Last edited by cutterjohn; 07-12-2010 at 04:18 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterjohn View Post
Remember this is a PUBLISHER choice, NOT the devs choice. Thanks 1C.
I was under the impression that 1C was publisher AND developer of this title?