Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:33 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation Who's CONFIRMED order also got cancelled?

Received an e-mail tonight from UBI shop (digitalriver) that my order was cancelled on request by me (nope) or the retailer with no given reason. I sure hope this hasn't to do that it should be shipped abroad.....

Earlier I've received an invoice of confirmation of this order and even got the codes for the silenthunter download.
There's no reason to cancel a pre-order if the release date shifted back...so what would be their reason to cancel?

Are there more from the continent that received this mail?

Last edited by 322Sqn_Dusty; 03-27-2011 at 09:55 PM. Reason: added confirmed.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 322Sqn_Dusty View Post
Received an e-mail tonight from UBI shop (digitalriver) that my order was cancelled on request by me (nope) or the retailer with no given reason. I sure hope this hasn't to do that it should be shipped abroad.....

Earlier I've received an invoice of confirmation of this order and even got the codes for the silenthunter download.
There's no reason to cancel a pre-order if the release date shifted back...so what would be their reason to cancel?

Are there more from the continent that received this mail?
Maybe Ubisoft and Steam got tired after a lot of email from the bunch here and decided to scrap this title?
Old 03-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Approved Member

Well I prey now that I CAN cancel my steam order (sent an support request today). I do own the russian version tho.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Approved Member

I don't understand all this talk of cancelling pre orders.

If you had been offered the chance to BETA test this game the majority of people would have jumped at the chance to get this long awaited game on their hard drives finished or not.

Basically any body who buys the game at this point is a BETA tester, the only difference is they were not told in advance.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHB68 View Post
So hopefully anybody with brain & balls decided to postpone the release until they can present an initial patch that makes it al least playable....to say nothing of this epilepsy bullshit !

IMO this is the only way to avoid a total disaster and in consequence the end of the series.
I don't think UBI will wear another delay.

Bryan.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Approved Member

This one isn't about Me cancelling an order. Just found the mail that digitalriver (ubishop) canceled the already CONFIRMED order with no reason.

And no this has nothing to do with payments, Ccard is ok.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

I received one email when I placed my collectors ed order, and I've had nothing since. I've just checked my order and it's still due to be sent after the 21st March

It seems the game isn't playable yet, so I don't really care whether they cancel it or not to be honest. Que sera sera.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komrad View Post
I don't understand all this talk of cancelling pre orders.

If you had been offered the chance to BETA test this game the majority of people would have jumped at the chance to get this long awaited game on their hard drives finished or not.

Basically any body who buys the game at this point is a BETA tester, the only difference is they were not told in advance.
Maybe that could save the day a bit, offer it as a playable beta. But that would piss a whole bunch of people off who already bought it.

I will buy it in it's current form, even the russian version.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:06 AM
Approved Member

After a Home Show I was exhibiting at this past Saturday, and nothing to do for the night, I went looking for Cliffs Of Dover at Best Buy in Dover, DE. Wasn't on the shelf so one of the guys went on the Best Buy computer to see what was up. Release date according to their computer, must be for the retail copies of Cliffs of Dover, has been pushed back to 4/19/11. Anyone know the reason why for the delay?
Old 03-28-2011, 02:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 322Sqn_Dusty View Post
I sure hope this hasn't to do that it should be shipped abroad.....
That' exactly the reason.