Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 10-31-2011, 09:04 PM
Registered Member

Exclamation RE: Patch v1.2 causes game to crash on loading screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Wizard View Post
Does it happen when loading a saved game? How about starting a new game?
It occurs when starting a new game, and when starting the tutorial. I'm checking now to see whether it will load a save from v1.11.

**EDIT**
I've just confirmed that the C++ Run-time error occurs when loading a saved game as well as when starting a new game or when starting the tutorial. I've attached the logfile that was created when attempting to load a saved game.
Attached Files
File Type: txt LOGfile.txt (10.5 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by subsider34; 10-31-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Approved Member

Hmm... I've got the same error. There is something wrong with patched files. New "exe" works with original version of the game so I think the problem is somewhere inside "improved" scripts. If I find a solution I'll let you know.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Approved Member

I think problems solved. After applying 1.12 patch, copy zip archive you'll find as attachment to the game directory and unzip. Choose "Yes to all".
If you encounter any other errors let me know.

What's wrong? Devs decoded all dialogs files to normal txt version but forgot to change FILETYPE header (DYNAMIC to STANDART). What it means? It means that final version of the patch wasn't tested even ONCE !!!

---- EDIT ----

New version of the fix - 4 posts below.

Last edited by Goblin Wizard; 11-01-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Approved Member

Working fine, thanks for fixing.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I think problems solved. After applying 1.12 patch, copy zip archive you'll find as attachment to the game directory and unzip. Choose "Yes to all".
If you encounter any other errors let me know.

What's wrong? Devs decoded all dialogs files to normal txt version but forgot to change FILETYPE header (DYNAMIC to STANDART). What it means? It means that final version of the patch wasn't tested even ONCE !!!
Unbelievable...Thanks for your help.

***EDIT***
Hey,

Since installing the fix I've noticed that there are a LOT of missing dialog strings (everything from the common pirate demands to mission descriptions (particularly after saving Terrie)). Attached, you'll find a savegame right before issues start showing up. Go through the portal to X-23 and try moving the Mothership to a portal or station.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Quicksave-63.zip (1.50 MB, 18 views)

Last edited by subsider34; 11-01-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Approved Member

Thx for the save, very helpful. Unfortunately, I can't do much to fix it. It's old bug with STANDART filetype header. It works like 95% of time but sometime fails from unknown reasons. In this case game engine stops to see dialog lines just in the middle of the conversation though everything is ok. If you change new dialog file with old one you can see whole conversation without problems.

Last edited by Goblin Wizard; 11-01-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Approved Member

I'm sorry but 1st version of the fix wasn't too good. A few months passed since I was modding SW and I've forgot a bit. Actual version of the fix should work better.

Good news - answer I've got from the Elite Games Team:
Quote:
It's not our mistake but 1c or cenega. They are preparing patches for English version. I think new patch for unprotected version will be ready very soon.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SW3_CW_1_12_patch_FIX2.zip (1.33 MB, 416 views)
Old 11-02-2011, 01:33 AM
Registered Member

Talking Fix 2 works!

Quote:
I'm sorry but 1st version of the fix wasn't too good. A few months passed since I was modding SW and I've forgot a bit. Actual version of the fix should work better.
Thanks, the new fix works perfectly! Dialog is now properly activated and all problems caused by the patch seem to have been resolved.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Approved Member

Two bugs that I noticed so far:

1) all knowed bug with Fighters available in Styx Station in Charon; when you enter to Charon 1st time, even if you save before enter Charon and load again, game remember for the whole current game, those fighters that you find with first try;

2) what determines the quality of fighters found in stashes? In previous game before i get Astarte i found example (stashes in Vaudille, station in XT-41) Wyvern Mk2, in current game after i get astarte and after 1st mission from NESF i find everytime Hrimthrus and eventually Gunslinger. Better quality fighters depends form exp, piloting grade or maybe something else?

Ad2
I think I know what determines quality of fighters. Every enter to the system with stash, generate random drop from stashes. Solution is save before enter portal and try finding best random item/fighters set.

Last edited by Xanathos; 11-03-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

Default Buzzing sound

First I want to thank you for the fix.. Finally, works great.
However I have another problem, related to the audio.
Sometimes, especially when I try to get in contact with someone I get a terrible buzzing sound and it will stop after a while or just keeps going on till I go back to the main menu.
I'm not sure whats the problem.
Any ideas?
thnx