Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation Trying to beat the last 2 bosses before Baal, what a joke!

As a Mage, level 53, lots of attack, defence, I've found that only when I play as a mage I have this problem, the game is virtually impossible to finish when I do.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Approved Member

I am not quite sure what you mean. Do you have problems defeating K'Tahu, Zilgadis and Baal as a mage?

These battles are harder for a mage than for a warrior because of the lower leadership. It is necessary to deal a lot of damage to the bosses and you need a high physical resistance in order to keep your forces. I had huge problems too when fighting K'Tahu and Baal since I had not found a single resistance item in the game. I managed to defeat K'Tahu with the Black Knight tactic. When fighting Baal I could not get Black Knights so I used a single stack of Cursed Ghosts. They have 50% physical resistance and life drain. This adds another challenge since the battle is automatically lost if they life drain too much so that they go above your leadership. The tactic is the same as with Black Knights: Use stoneskin to get the physical resistance to 95%, and Eviln to resurrect them in the end.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex View Post
As a Mage, level 53, lots of attack, defence, I've found that only when I play as a mage I have this problem, the game is virtually impossible to finish when I do.
Having the same problem, the hit points on these two are overkill. I used the Black Knight tactic in my first game as a Warrior but I dont really want to use it again. Feels like a failure.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Approved Member

I felt the same way too, so I rotated to an impossible warrior. While in some ways it was harder, I was able to cremate the bosses using Hunters, Elves, Bowmen (yes, I said bowmen), Paladins, and royal griffins.

As a side note, I feel the game is about 10X harder if you do NOT play with the gift bag mod. Some of those items are such deal breakers, it is insane. I was able to achieve 100% critical rates on all 3 archers, so I beat the bosses with no-losses (except, baal, but I'm too lazy to repeat it, only 51 casualties!) but all bosses died in less than 10 rounds.

I tried repeating a similar tactic using a mage with buffs/debuffs. Have not gotten to the end yet, as it is pretty rough at times. I speculate I can do more damage though but only with proper buffs like precision and hell breath.

What bugs me is even if it works, it feels like "pure spell damage" mages are at a severe disadvantage. I'm not sure if I can get enough gear to achieve 100% critical rates AND throw out the old 6K damage fireballs I used to.

Not to mention summoning mages seem to be at a disadvantage, but then again, that one solo black dragon guy basically won that way.

As a side note, all seemed lost with my impossible warrior at first too against ktahu, until I had the paladins hit his armored hand and the royal griffins hit his unarmored hand as the first move.

Changing the boss mentality can make a serious difference.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Registered Member

Default How to kill bosses

Hello Friends ;

I just finished the game at hardest mode . And you are right these creatures impossible to kill .

To kill them I used the eggs that I collected from the beginning of the game(dragon fly eggs , and trex eggs I play the game in russian lang I am not sure if the names are correct). I used dragon fly eggs for reptile and trex eggs for gremlin(gremlin is easier) . So I had 8000 dragon fly and 35 Trex except them I took only one man and cast invisibility on him so my warrior even I can't control them because lack of leadership they attacked enemy anyway . And damage they make approximately = 15000 per hit .

This bosses give mass damage to your man even it is invisible . When my invisible man(generally red dragon) suffered mass damage I used the spell which takes the time back for one turn .

Don't use more eggs than you need don't forget you need kill your man after they kill the boss until your leadership is enough to manage them .

To kill them use mirror of pain(I am not sure the name again I hope you understand the spell)

Last edited by felisatti; 04-23-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Approved Member

wow, that was by far the weirdest strategy ever...

If it works, it works. Luckily you CAN beat the game without exploiting the flaws. On several ways might I add
Old 04-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Approved Member

I've done two mage impossible games and found the gremlin not too hard. The lizard was a bit harder (easy enough with black knight; but otherwise very hard; but sitll do able). However in both games I found the last mob very difficult. Oddly pole axe seemed to have the best bang for buck on him (but I did not test all spells). However, at the end of the day I think he would be all but impossible for my mage without blacknight.

As far as I could tell magic resistance had not benefit against Baal; but physical resitance was a big bonus (in second game the only item i found were the three scale objects that give a group bonus; the ohter items such as boot did not load).