Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 05-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Approved Member

I cant even run in dx10 now, stutters are terrible, and now i get all of this
These large chunks of land disapear the closer i get to them

New runways, being built, in the sea, due to a shortage of land

Old 05-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Approved Member

Doc that is not unique to ATI cards. AFAIK the only issue that occurs on ATI/AMD cards that is not on Nvidia is the 3 lines on the horizon. I have read many people stating the new patch has broken their Nvidia card in CoD (stutters and freezes etc).

AMD 5000 and 6000 series cards can run morphological filtering. It gives slightly blurry text but compared to built in AA it looks far better for jaggies and shimmering etc. I have also had soMe success with setting "enhance application setting" for AA in CCC.

Honestly, it is silly to assume your ATI card is the cause for all your problems in CoD. It is the devs who need to finish fixing the graphics engine, remember these beta patches are aimed primarily at optimising the graphhics FPS, there are bound to be issues with them.

A lot of graphical artifacts occur because the devs are tweaking the graphics engine from beta to beta. Clear out your cache folder, delete the entire contents but not the actual folder. It is located here:

C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache

Last edited by ICDP; 05-04-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Approved Member

What ICDP says, although I personally do not use morphological filtering, the blurry text is too annoying to compensate any benefit there might be in it and I found it makes thin wires dissapear almost completely.

enhance application settings, Super-Sample AA seems to work the best for me so far.

About the visual bug, no clue what can cause that although I suffered from it before while tweaking conf.ini settings. Maybe copy an untweaked one from your steamapps/etc folder into your documents/1c softclub to see if that helps.

Also maybe clearing the cache could be worth a shot. (also in documents/1c softclub folder)

All shots in the dark though.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Approved Member

Yeah,I'm getting this too Doc,again,I'm an Ati user.I've lost the flickering landscape now,but the stuttering is worse.

Those lines that are appearing,have been there for the last couple of patches for me,I don't know if this is something you've just noticed,but they're not new.

I am in the market for a new card,I was thinking of losing one of my 5570's and replacing it with a brand new 6970,but I just want to see what they're going to do with this game in the way of improving it first.

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!
Old 05-05-2011, 02:36 AM
Approved Member

S! My ATI Brethren,

I Have a HD4890 and I will be D/L this beta tonight,

I will report back on my findings, but with the last Beta patch it was not too bad on the FPS a little bit of stutter and the odd micro freezes,

I just hope (and I am sure they will) get this sorted; this sim would be such a crime if it fails.

O_Smiladon
6 Gig Ram, Kingston hyper Blah blah
X58 Gigabyte M/Board
Old 05-05-2011, 02:41 AM
Approved Member

I'm not experiencing any of these problems. ?? I run an HD5770.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:11 AM
Approved Member

@ Doc...

kill the mirror [m key]- that's 10 ~ 12 frames/sec just in that alone.... the closer one gets to 60[sup]+[/sup] fps the smoother the sim becomes
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:30 AM
Approved Member

S!

I run now the latest patch. Very smooth now compared to last beta, except Le Havre industrial complex still destroying the FPS. Only bigger issue is this "three blue lines horizon". But again filling a driver feedback form to AMD about it. Rest is up to Devs and AMD.

Not gonna give up on AMD hardware, just too good bang for the buck.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Approved Member

OK here is my take,

I fly with mirror off anyway. Seems to be a little better in free flight over the uk, Not tride London yet, But still get stutters not fluid like the devs want.

Mot sure if I see a diff actully.

O_Smiladon
6 Gig Ram, Kingston hyper Blah blah
X58 Gigabyte M/Board
Old 05-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_uk View Post
How many patches now?, and the same old ati crap
Still get the 3 blue lines using dx10 mode, so have to revert back to dx9
Same pig ugly Jaggies
Seems to me, ATi users have been shafted

Forgot to add shimmering tree's and house's
Doc,
I have almost exactly your system and while I do get the 3 light blue lines on the horizon, I am not getting shimmering trees or houses And AA is working for me. What are your CCC settings? What conf.ini settings have you changed? When I get home from work I'll post my settings top to bottom so you can try them.. I think the game runs great on the 6970 card.. and while those 3 blue lines can be annoying at certain altitudes they certainly are not a show stopper by any means..
XFX 6970 Video Card
Win7 64 Bit Home Ed
ATI 12.3 Driver Package
WD Caviar 7600 RPM HDD
ATI CCC at DEFAULT settings