Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
Can I work there?
You're hired.. don't worry about credentials.
BTW.. I changed the plans slightly, we'll talk about it in Jamaica.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

This is a testing patch that is not even beta.

It's not final. Which means, it's not meant to be flawless. Its purpose is to experiment with different solutions, put it out to volunteer testers and gather the results, so that later they can simply go "this works and we're keeping it, this doesn't and we're changing it".

I'm locking this, not because of criticism on the patch, but because of the tone of said criticism, breach of forum rules and redundancy (there are already numerous similar posts).

The bottom line is very simple. If you are willing to spend your time testing and providing feedback, install the test patch and fly it. If you just want to step into the final version where things work right off the bat, wait for the final patch.

There's nothing wrong with either approach. What is wrong is assuming things will be as one wants them to be when there is ample statement to the contrary, then complaining about it when it is not the case.

It's like i'm showing you an apple, you want to believe it's an orange, take a bite and then complain that it tastes like apple.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG26_EZ View Post
You're hired.. don't worry about credentials.
BTW.. I changed the plans slightly, we'll talk about it in Jamaica.
Totally tropical man!
Closed Thread