Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
Hi everyone,

As I see, there are plenty of wild rumors circulating on these forums, and of course it's completely our fault. I myself simply cannot spend enough time posting on these forums, as I work 10-12 hour days 7 days a week and barely have time to sit down. I feel the weight of my failure to interact with the community daily, but all I have time for is browsing the forums, not actually posting.

We are however in the process of creating a full-time community manager position and setting up an old team member who will interact with you guys daily, answer questions, and keep you up to date on all events.

Otherwise, the work on the patch continues. The true full-screen mode has been a nightmare from hell. It still does not work properly. Every once in a while, after you hit Esc to go to the menu from inside the game, the game will go into the background and require you to alt-tab to you. And while it may seem like a pretty minor thing to most of you, after everything you've already lived through, it's still bad practice and annoying and we always feel like we're 'this' close to solving it.

The current build we have did address the multiplayer issues, thanks in no small part to the help of the dedicated server hosts. Obviously MP is a larger priority than the full-screen mode. If by the end of the day Tuesday we still haven't solved the full screen issue, we will most likely release the patch anyway just so you guys can have stable reliable MP experience, and add the full-screen fix at a later time.

We are also hard at work on some larger game components. We are also hiring, with quite a few new openings posted recently for our Moscow office. We already have a new team member, an experienced AI programmer, reworking our plane AI code and voice comms, and we are working to expand and improve our team during the coming weeks to make sure we can roll out better more well-rounded updates quicker. We are also hard at work on FM changes and improvements, redesigning GUI to make it more user-friendly, and creating new variants of existing aircraft.

Those team members not hard at work on improving CoD have also been working on new content for a new project for quite some time. We've posted a teaser in our V-E day post. Just to state again, work on that project is specifically designed not to interfere with our CoD support.

Most importantly, please don't take the frequency of my visits as an indication of anything right now. As a matter of fact, if you see me here posting a lot, that's the best clue that we are NOT working as hard as we should. All of us at 1C:Maddox Games, 1C Softclub, and Ubisoft, are fully committed to the game and to the series, and like we always said, we will continue to support it with patches, add-ons and sequels in the coming months and years.
Thanks for the update.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:54 AM
Approved Member

Strike - How do you like your G940 Hotas system? I'm thinking of getting the set but would like to hear from experienced flight simers who are actually using it in COD before I do. Anu issues? How well does FF work?

Thanks
Old 05-15-2011, 02:59 AM
Approved Member

Thanks Luthier. Will you be fixing the skins too?
Old 05-15-2011, 03:02 AM
Approved Member

Luthier

Well at least you SAY something. I can give a LONG LIST of companies that don't say SQUAT!!!

Although i have shelved CoD till some useful features are active in the game, QMB or a DCG. I'll still support CoD. So thxs again for the updates and keeping the Paying customers in the loop Muchly Appreciated mate.

Regards
Old 05-15-2011, 03:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
--snip--
The true full-screen mode has been a nightmare from hell. It still does not work properly. Every once in a while, after you hit Esc to go to the menu from inside the game, the game will go into the background and require you to alt-tab to you. And while it may seem like a pretty minor thing to most of you,
I doubt that anyone in 2011 would see this as a "minor thing": Maddox Games struggling with implementing full-screen mode. Maybe if it was 1997 or 1998, but to be still working on this on a released game in 2011, is truly unprecedented. I'm glad to hear you are hiring now. You are in desperate need of good game coders and I'm behind you now as I have been since 2001. I'm glad my $14.41 is being put to good use, and look forward to also purchasing the US release.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:38 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for the update Luthier!

All great news, the full time community role will add immensely to this community. Already we appreciate all the support you obviously give this game, and to be able to interact with your team and stay informed as to what you are working on will certainly continue to breath life into this community.

Thanks again and keep up the great work, its much appreciated.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:51 AM
Approved Member

Luthier! Thanks for the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronWastelan View Post
I'm glad my $14.41 is being put to good use, and look forward to also purchasing the US release.
Wow! Last of the big spenders! But you really need to check the licence agreement more closely. The $14.41 version of the game specifically forbids sarcastic and derogitory comments by the licence holder.

I on the other hand being the proud owner of the Special Collectors edition am licenced to make all the witty comments I like.

Cheers!
Old 05-15-2011, 04:01 AM
Approved Member

Thanks Luthier!

Still waiting patiently for a North American release. It does, after all, seem as though the forced-hand alpha release to Europe and Australasia brought in the required dollars to continue development, ramp up staff, and get the title to the finishing line (eventually).

Shame about all the kerfuffle, but I guess in a tough niche industry I'm not too concerned about how we get there, as long as we get there. Bravo for hanging in there

Looking forward to hearing from the new community-liaison dude.

Cheers, Spinner
Old 05-15-2011, 04:37 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for saying hello.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:00 AM
Approved Member

Hello Luthier.

Don't worry too much. Most long-time gamers understand a rough launch. Sure, it would've been nice to have everything working perfectly on launch day... but the game we have now is still very good and is rapidly heading toward greatness.

We're not console FPS kiddies around here. We're simmers. We know how to wait for good things.