Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

View Poll Results: What should be IL2: CoD's primary focus?
Cliffs of Dover should focus on realism 250 95.06%
Cliffs of Dover should focus on accesibility 13 4.94%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Approved Member

Default Realism or accessibility, what decision should be made?

Dear comrades,

In the recent official patch, adjustments were made to make the airplanes more accessible. Electrical measurements system replaced the original mechanical gauges, because they were considered too difficult for some players.

Personally, I greatly oppose towards this idea. I think this simulator should be aimed at realism, rather than accessibility. It is what defines this simulator from others, because the true essence of a simulator is to represent reality in a digital form. Therefore, I feel really sad about adjusting the spitfire characteristics and the components of the cockpit.

JG52Uther has already made this statement, which can currently be considered as a hot topic. It can be found over here:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21459

With reference to this earlier post, I have decided to create a poll. If we really want to make a statement towards the developers, we most likely have to show them rough numbers.

So therefore this poll, should IL2: Cliffs of Dover focus itself on realism, or on accessibility?
Old 04-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Approved Member

S!

Accessibility can be reached with proper difficulty settings options. Turn off the more advanced options = more accessible All on = hard core. Simple.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker35M View Post
S!

Accessibility can be reached with proper difficulty settings options. Turn off the more advanced options = more accessible All on = hard core. Simple.
Exactly, that would be the best solution to satisfy everybody. I don't mind if they want to keep the electrical stuff for those who need it, but I'd like to have the full realism option available as well. Letting these systems work parallel upon the demand of the player is probably a better thing than completely overhauling the current system.

Last edited by ubermachtig; 04-18-2011 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 04-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Approved Member

I voted for the realism BUT there is no reason why both cannot be accomodated. Design the sim around realism but include less complex system/FM/DM models to help those new to flight sims etc.

In fact, its pretty important that newer players and left completely at the mercy of radiators/carb cutout/propellor settings etc to avoid putting them off. Its in everyones interest that this game does well. By making the realism scalable anyone from novice to 'expert' can enjoy what promises to be an excellent sim. Scdalable difficulty is a feature of most sims and this is the same, however the underlying sim should be as realistic as it is feasible to make a deskstop simulation of flying.

TBH I use simple settings when testing my system to try and get it stable. I want to be looking at the FPS etc not my temperatures! Though personally I do prefere 'full real' online.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Approved Member

Default Simulator or game?

Quote:
S!

+1

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 | AMD FX-8350 | MSI HD7970 TFOC-BE | 8GB Corsair DDR-III 1866 | Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
Old 04-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Approved Member

I wonder who's the brave one that voted Accessibility ... lol
Old 04-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
S!

What he said.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermachtig View Post
Dear comrades,
So therefore this poll, should IL2: Cliffs of Dover focus itself on realism, or on accessibility?
Either make a setting switch to turn the full real instruments off or keep the REALISM regardless.

Just to remember : each case according to realism has its own "life" so to say. For example, it has been agreed upon few years ago, that we wouldn`t want to have the guns jamming as in real life.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
I wonder who's the brave one that voted Accessibility ... lol

lmao, must be one of the devs who wants to go on Holidays!
Old 04-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Approved Member

I voted of course for realism.

But, in fact, this discussion should not even exist, as there is always the option.... for options in the game setup.

But the problem is that the "kikools", who think they're the best, cannot simply stand the fact of not flying with all the "realism" options enabled, even if it is not realistic at all, because of their ego.