Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Approved Member

hyperlobby had its place and I hope Steam replaces it.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zauii View Post
I think most people recon that hyperlobby has indeed been a godsend and a brilliant app that's been keeping the IL2 community alive. With that said, it's still a dated product,
it lacks in many areas and it's far from userfriendly compared to modern standards, thus here the online community will really benefit from Steam.
Couldn't have said it better myself, hyperlobby is a great tool but unfortunately it has started to shows its age and i had multiple problems using in on vista, seems to work better with windows 7
Old 03-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself, hyperlobby is a great tool but unfortunately it has started to shows its age and i had multiple problems using in on vista, seems to work better with windows 7
When was the last time you were on HL?
Old 03-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
Oleg said some time ago that HL or other 3rd party clients could still be used; while we don't know if that's still the case there is right now no indication that you will have to use Steam as a multiplayer lobby.
Nice to hear that, hope they keep it in that way so we can choose....

If that it's the case, then we have hopes....
Old 03-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
When was the last time you were on HL?
Time to get personal nasty... I was a few weeks back but never saw anyone Karaya did say that more of the squad were back but im still too busy to be of use in an online war just skirmishes.. this june that ends and i will have my life back
Old 03-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Approved Member

I love hyperlobby, and don't want Steam's lobby.

Online IL2 whitout hyperlooby it's like IL2 without BF109.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG1_Gunkan View Post

Online IL2 whitout hyperlooby it's like IL2 without BF109.
I take it.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_rye View Post
S!

The real problem with STEAM it's that we will not have what HL gives with all the team, coop, dogfight and international competitions rooms...

If they implement it as other games, we will have a shooter style of management of serves to connect with, just a damm list....
That's still an IF, but it will probably be the main reason for me to use a custom-made community server browser that's specifically tailored to a flight sim game. You know, a detailed list that mentions the server's difficulty settings, what kind of scenarios it runs, what kind of mods it might support, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_rye View Post

Hope the at the end we can choose between STEAM or any other Server Manager, this is the fair way.

After all this years playing in HL it's a real pity that we must leave it cause this..... hate when they forced me to use something that i don't want to...
A few weeks ago Oleg Maddox confirmed this will be possible at a later date. Later date meaning "the tools are there, someone from the community just needs to use them to support it", so it's highly possible we'll see it in Hyperlobby and other server browsers as well.

All in all, the Steam fans can use their favorite platform and we'll probably be able to use whatever interface suits us best too. It's exactly statements like that coming from official sources that make me doubt the necessity of Steam. It seems it's not necessary for the game to work, just for those that already like it, and that's why i'll be bypassing it first chance i get as long as the rest of the game functions properly without it.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post

All in all, the Steam fans can use their favorite platform and we'll probably be able to use whatever interface suits us best too. It's exactly statements like that coming from official sources that make me doubt the necessity of Steam. It seems it's not necessary for the game to work, just for those that already like it, and that's why i'll be bypassing it first chance i get as long as the rest of the game functions properly without it.
Cod was not written around Steam, there is probably some small program that will handle all the interaction between Steam and the Game.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:13 AM
BigPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnigruH View Post
My entire village is not going to buy this game because the elders said steam is evil, and we want no evil in our tribe.

BTW Why are so many people registering just to post how much they hate steam?
Bit weird that.
Hmmm sounds like your right at home then.