Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Approved Member

Keep up the good work gents! Six months from now you'll be basking in the glory of having produced another flight sim phenomenon, and the criticism of the last week will be a vague and distant memory whilst you're enjoying some well earned R&R.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:55 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post
Then you bought the game expecting them to fix it if there were problems. Stop whining.
Not quite, I bought the game because I saw it was finally released and as anyone should expect, I believed that the game was finished and ready to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post
It's not me. They get to release an incomplete product because they don't have any competition. If you don't like this game you don't have any other options for WW2 flight sims.
I can't see the point in defending developers for delivering incomplete products. Would you be so willing to defend say Sony or Samsung for giving you a monitor or TV that doesn't work yet, but they plan on getting it working for you sometime in the future? This is no difference, despite what you believe.

There are competing products, none a new release like Cliffs of Dover, but Wings of Prey is competant and IL2 Sturmovik would be no. 1 given that it actually works!
Old 04-10-2011, 05:06 AM
Approved Member

what about FFB? why are you keeping us in the dark about this? shouldn't this be part of your roadmap?!
Old 04-10-2011, 05:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Watchdog View Post

I can't see the point in defending developers for delivering incomplete products. Would you be so willing to defend say Sony or Samsung for giving you a monitor or TV that doesn't work yet, but they plan on getting it working for you sometime in the future? This is no difference, despite what you believe.

There are competing products, none a new release like Cliffs of Dover, but Wings of Prey is competant and IL2 Sturmovik would be no. 1 given that it actually works!
I'm not really defending them. I'm just pointing out that you don't have any other options. WoP is a console game. It's not in the same league as CoD. It's not even in the same league as IL-2. It stayed on my hard drive for about a month (while I mostly played RoF).

There is a huge difference between Sony and CoD. Sony has competition. CoD does not.

BTW, I love RoF. I think it would be great if 777 made a WW2 sim. But, considering the debut of RoF, their WW2 sim would probably be no better than CoD at release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Watchdog View Post
Not quite, I bought the game because I saw it was finally released and as anyone should expect, I believed that the game was finished and ready to go.
That was, to be kind, naive. I thought it was pretty obvious that it was going to have problems. I would have bought it anyways. Unfortunately, I still have to wait for a few weeks.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Approved Member

I question to dev team have you guys learned anything from old misstakes in il2? spit at mom is UFOjust pull the damn stick back to botton off you go in infite circle.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:58 PM
41Sqn_Stormcrow

AI or player? Have you flown Spit yourself? I cannot pull the stick to bottom. If you can show me, I want to be able to do that.