Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Approved Member

Default I have a question no one has asked - ha!

No, it's not about quantum physics!

I operate a squad competition organization and we have 25+ teams fighting for the heavyweight titles in both open and closed pit IL2 divisions. Currently, we have each team take a screen shot of the scores at the end of the game to determine winners.

We have had several occasions where our match commissioners have been asked to review the scores in the .ntrk files. We know that this can not be done in IL2, and inform the teams of this. My question is, "Will it be possible to record the scores on the .ntrk files in SoW BoB for league competition and ladder matches"?

Thanks!

P.S. If Oleg will not read this because it isn't in the proper place, please tell me where to put it where he will read it.

Best Regards,

Laz
United Squadrons League Global
www.uslglobal.com/forums
Old 04-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [RS]Lazarus View Post
No, it's not about quantum physics!

I operate a squad competition organization and we have 25+ teams fighting for the heavyweight titles in both open and closed pit IL2 divisions. Currently, we have each team take a screen shot of the scores at the end of the game to determine winners.

We have had several occasions where our match commissioners have been asked to review the scores in the .ntrk files. We know that this can not be done in IL2, and inform the teams of this. My question is, "Will it be possible to record the scores on the .ntrk files in SoW BoB for league competition and ladder matches"?

Thanks!

P.S. If Oleg will not read this because it isn't in the proper place, please tell me where to put it where he will read it.

Best Regards,

Laz
United Squadrons League Global
www.uslglobal.com/forums
I really hope the scoring system from IL2 is scrapped for SOW

You can record scores using Fraps.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
I really hope the scoring system from IL2 is scrapped for SOW
Agree totally.

Scoring should only show number of kills in the air, and number of destroyed objects on the ground.

Hence...

Shoot down 2 planes, score shows A2A=2

Blow up 2 tanks and 3 trucks, score shows A2G=5

Perhaps add a category for shipping as well.

No more "points".

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 04-14-2009, 01:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
Agree totally.

Scoring should only show number of kills in the air, and number of destroyed objects on the ground.

Hence...

Shoot down 2 planes, score shows A2A=2

Blow up 2 tanks and 3 trucks, score shows A2G=5

Perhaps add a category for shipping as well.

No more "points".
Not sure why you would think there is no scoring for ships.
There are 8 categories that the objects destroyed are kept track of in career mode.

<dbrNplanes> <Planes: %d\n> Number of Planes destroyed in the air
<dbrNplanesG> <Planes on the ground: %d\n> Number of Planes destroyed on the ground
<dbrNtanks> <Tanks: %d\n> Number of Tanks destroyed
<dbrNguns> <Guns: %d\n> Number of Artillery-Anti Aircraft guns destroyed
<dbrNcars> <Vehicles: %d\n> Numbers of Cars-Trucks destroyed
<dbrNwagons> <Railroad cars: %d\n> Number of Train Cars destroyed
<dbrNbridges> <Bridges: %d\n> Number of Bridges destroyed
<dbrNships> <Ships: %d\n> Number of Ships destroyed

Wheelsup
Old 04-14-2009, 04:34 AM
Approved Member

Air2Air kills should be shared when more than one did hit the opponent.
It might lessen killstealing.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:55 AM
Approved Member

It was already posted a long time ago that BoB will have a completely reworked scoring systems for a2a, with shared kills, damage done etc.

For the ground-targets wheelsup_cavu summed it up perfectly.

So, why not send in the ntrk + log-file?
Old 04-14-2009, 07:45 AM
Approved Member

Record a track, open it for viewing, press shift+tab to open console, enter "user" without quotes and analyze list, which contains player names, their scores and aircrafts.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Registered Member

Smile Whith all due respect Commish

No offence to my esteemed Commish, but your are smoking the crack!!!!!!

As [RS]Lazarus knows our 334th Eagle Squadronn is the current one in question along with 4thFG. We played an extremly close match on Saturday. The battle ended with only a difference of 126 points according to the 334th screenshot. 4thFG (~S~ to them it was a great fight) disagrees saying they had two pilots land one kill each in the closing seconds of the match.

It can be clearly seen that the two pilots in question do in fact acheive one air to air kill apiece. They then return to base attempting a landing and respawn before the message for "Take Screenshot Now" appears.(which is the rule for scoring as I understand it) Both of the aircraft are clearly visible on the tarmac after time expires and the "Take Screenshot Now" message appears in the chat bar.

Therefore if both parties submit screen shots and the only difference is pilot "A" has 200 points on the 4thFG screenie and 100 points on the 334th screen then the track does "tell the tale" so to speak.

Or am I somehow completly off base here? Can't see how.

Last edited by 334th_Rakkasan; 04-14-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Approved Member

Regardless of the scoring system, I'd think there would be an inherent way to record in-game tracks.

But I'm not making it...

As far as raw score goes, I could care less...honestly.

The Warbirds of Prey servers currently incorporate an iteration of FBDj written by Wildwillie that awards shared kills that is quite functional. It's still based on game logs, thus doesn't award partial just for good strikes, but does award them in the event you cut controls and someone else gets the kill.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Approved Member

Default that's the intention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerfalke View Post
It was already posted a long time ago that BoB will have a completely reworked scoring systems for a2a, with shared kills, damage done etc.

For the ground-targets wheelsup_cavu summed it up perfectly.

So, why not send in the ntrk + log-file?
For the 2010 season, we have had a couple of guys that are developing a parser which extracts data from the log file and posts it, we will be using that exclusively next year. The problem is, it's almost ALWAYS different from the screen shot total. In the screen shot, your team may have won, but the log parser says you've lost. Another problem is that the screen shot is immediate data that the teams can review, you have to wait for the log score to be parsed and posted on the website. Getting the members to understand that the screen shots no longer matter will be tough.

Using the parser, we are able to program bonus points for protecting a target if it survives the match. Our matches are not simply dogfights but are actual historical battles that almost always include ground targets. For example, the upcoming Round 8 is based on Black Friday over Norway in 1945 when the Z-33 German Destroyer was sunk in a fjord. With the parser, we can award bonus points if the German team is able to repel the attack unlike the historical actuality.

I digress, having the score as part of the recorded data in a ntrk would help in last second judgment calls.