Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:48 AM
Approved Member

Smile FAO RAF Pilots looking for fighter squadrons

So, you want to fly fighters with the RAF?

Can you: 1. Fly Squadron Training on Tuesdays 20:00-22:00 GMT/BST? 2. Fly CO-OPs Fridays 20:00-22:00 GMT/BST? Commit to career missions on Sundays 20:00-22:00 GMT/BST?

Are you interested in the history of WWII aviation? Do you value friendship and teamwork above individual glory?

If so, you're what Douglas Bader called the Tangmere type.

The Tangmere Pilots (www.tangmerepilots.co.uk) is an organization of like-minded enthusiasts of IL2 players with an interest in WWII aviation and pursuing this interest through IL2 1946, which has been in existence for over four years. With over 30 active pilots from the U.K., North America, Western Europe and Australia, we fly in four squadrons (No.1, No.43, No.145, & No.601) all of whom were based at RAF Tangmere, and its satelite Westhampnett, during the Battle of Britain.

On Tuesdays we fly against II/JG54 in a df server before squadron training. Fridays are for varied fun coops - from the Pacific to Europe. Sundays are for career missions. We have just begun a Russian Campaign, which is centered on the Bessarabia region in '41, before moving north to join the RAF at Murmunsk. Previous Sunday campaigns have included: Battle of France, the Defence of Malta, and Fortress Europe 1944-1945, Burma, Pacific Fleet Air Arm, North Africa, and most recently, Italy. You can find the details under our campaign links on the mainpage.

For a youtube video that shows what we do:

If you are interested and think you might be the Tangmere type, do drop by our excellent website: www.tangmerepilots.co.uk

After signing up, you will enter No.6 OTU at Sutton Bridge under the direction of S/Ldr. Tigertoo or myself. After passing four flight assessments, to make sure we are a good fit for one another, new pilots receive a posting to one of our four units to begin their Tangmere career.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Approved Member

I´ve watched the movie and what do i find?
Late war Spits vs Emils
Why can´t you try to be as realistic as possible???
If you have to rely on material superiority to look good you don´t.
And to attack ships without aaa is ..., lets say, less heroic.
Even for an advertisement you´ve overdone it and might attrack the wrong people,
those who don´t look for blood, sweat and tears but for easy glory.
My 2 cents.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtek View Post
I´ve watched the movie and what do i find?
Late war Spits vs Emils
Why can´t you try to be as realistic as possible???
If you have to rely on material superiority to look good you don´t.
And to attack ships without aaa is ..., lets say, less heroic.
Even for an advertisement you´ve overdone it and might attrack the wrong people,
those who don´t look for blood, sweat and tears but for easy glory.
My 2 cents.

And if you're trying for moral superiority, please don't. Emils and Vbs were both operational in 1941. I guess they don't fit with the bomber stream but from the looks of it the video was made before mods otherwise I guess they would have had a Spit I in there. I also see Beaufighters, Hurricane IIcs and other planes. Looks fun to me.

I think that if you wanted easy glory you'd get booted asap from most squads.

My 1p.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:28 AM
Approved Member

The film is indeed pre-mods. It is for entertainment and illustrative purposes to show the variety of missions we like to fly. I am sorry you didn't enjoy it.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Approved Member

if it were spit vb vs emil i wouldn´t have said (written) anything!!!
Old 01-31-2009, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

Please join is in welcoming Sgt. Maxwell to No.6 OTU!
Old 02-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Approved Member

Smile

Hello Robtec
I made the movie with help of many TP's (the full movie was 25 minutes long but i don't want you to look at that ...lol) and i fully understand your reaction.You should understand it was my first movie without experience. I just wanted to make something i personally liked,above all with the music i like a lot,some two years ago.I never expected a member Tangmere Pilot would put it inhere. Nevertheless i'm flattered he did.
And yes i overdid it but no, we don't look for those who want "easy glory". I made it for my fun, some "atmosphere" i personally like, and for some Tangmere Pilots' fun apparantely, and yes indeed the movie has little to do with the realistic missions we fly on Ops.But that's for anyone to check out
S! Tigertooo

PS : watched it again since long: it had nothing to do with late war Spits versus Emils, nothing to do with AAA defending ships, it had all to do with "my" music and "our" Tangmere Pilots....just that...sorry if i mislead you

Last edited by Tigertooo; 02-03-2009 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Approved Member

@tigertooo

it´s robtek with a k!!!!
I shurely didn´t want to discredit your work, thats fine.
It´s just where i fly most the red side always whines because they feel the blue planes are so superior to the red planes and the constellation spit VIII vs Bf109E4
would satisfy them.
Sorry for ot.
Much success for your recruiting.
S! robtek (with a K)
Old 02-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Approved Member

No problem robtek (with a K)
I think we understand each other, after all we are all virtual friends, aren't we?
Cheers m8
Tigertooo (with a T )
Old 02-22-2009, 03:56 AM
Approved Member

No 6 OTU welcomes Sgts. Flashheart, Pixie, and Tinbum to RAF Sutton Bridge.

Huzzah!