Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Old 12-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Approved Member

Default Game crashes when going into repair shop

Ive had it happen to me now about 6 times and its really annoying when I havent saved in a while has anybody else experienced this problem. The only thing I can think of that causes it is RAM as I only have 1Gb installed
Old 12-31-2009, 12:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb87 View Post
Ive had it happen to me now about 6 times and its really annoying when I havent saved in a while has anybody else experienced this problem. The only thing I can think of that causes it is RAM as I only have 1Gb installed
Most high-end games today need at least 2GB Ram as minimal required specs. I suspect RNR would run exceptionally well with 4GB Ram, and a high quality graphics card. With 2GB Ram I could barely run Gothic 3.

I believe Nike-It stated RNR needs at least 2GB Ram to run.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:35 AM
Approved Member

USA Trucker is absolutely right, 1Gb of Ram is not enough for R'n'R. The game will crash in any case as your memory got overfilled, R'n'R uses more then 1 gb of memory during work.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Registered Member

High-end game? Graphics of the game looks like 6 years old, sounds are even worst and promised physics and realistic damage model are almost absent. So what´s high-end about that game? There is only one reason for so high memory consumption and HW requirements - bad optimalization. It looks like programmers from Softlab were drinking vodka six yerars and then three months developing the game, cause now it looks still beta state.
Announced minimal HW requirements were Intel Pentium IV at 2.0 GHz, 128 MB VRAM – Nvidia GeForce FX 5700 or better, 1 GB RAM, 10 GB of free Hard Drive Space, Microsoft Windows 2000/Windows XP/Windows Vista, but in fact - you cannot run game correctly on Win Vista and running the game with 128MB VRAM GF FX5700, 2.0 GHz CPU and 1GB RAM is a good joke.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Registered Member

Arrow Crashing Issues

hi all,

after purchasing online, downloading and installing i started the game. system info cam and all was ok, the after starting the game the screen turned to black and crashed to desktop. no intro video what i saw. i tried also different binkw32.dll's but i dont get it working. anyone out there with having the same problems? a fast help would be appreciated.

System Info: Windows 7 64 bit, 4 GB RAM, GeForce 260 with 1792 MB RAM, latest drivers.

thx
jens

ok problem fixed. if there are others which have downloaded Rig 'n' Roll via Impulse, i had problems with the intro.bik

hope that helps also others

jens

Last edited by USA Trucker; 08-22-2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Merged postings in one.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Registered Member

Default Warehouse crash

Hi at all, I've a strange problem with Rig Roll.
The game load perfectly, and run well until I try to enter in every warehouse. If I try the in game movie start, and the game crash... I've tried 4/5 warehouse.
other problem is if I try to use the Communicator command the game istantly crash.
I can drive everywhere, refuel, stop to sleep, or take a delivery on the road but I can't enter a warehouse: I've tried single mission, story, but the game crash every time I try to enter the warehouse.
Anyone have a suggestion? Of course I've applied the patch for the english version. My computer is quad core i7, with Radeon 4850 with 512mb 8gb ram and win 7 professional 64bit.
Thanx a t all.
nicola
Old 05-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Approved Member

The warehouse crashing sometimes happens to me too. Try to press escape before you enter the warehouse and when you see the menu, press escape to exit it and then enter the warehouse. See how that works.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Registered Member

I'll try this evening. thx.
Nicola
Old 05-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucipher View Post
I'll try this evening. thx.
Nicola
Everything on your computer specs. looks good except for your graphics card? I see you have one with 512mb. I have one with 1gb, and never had a crash since I've been playing. Just a thought. You shouldn't have to play around with Escape, Save, and reload nonsense. This certainly would take away from the enjoyment of the game.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 05-19-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Registered Member

Yes I know the card isn't the top, but I'm able to run Rig n Roll at 2560*1440 at the max without any frames rates drop. I've tried to drive around the map and everything runs fine, no frames rate decrease in any situation...
Strange bug for me, and as I wrote, every time I try to use the Navigator It crashes again...
Thx for help.