Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Old 04-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Approved Member

Arrow Bug Issues (English Version).

well, if you're looking for something has is infested with bugs, then look at rig n roll.

only 7 years in production! thats right 7 years. it comes complete with the bug that tells you that you that you already have a task to complete! but then it asks you if you'd like to "complete this task" you are not allowed to say NO! how great is that folks? thats right so you must drive around aimlessly not being allowed to take a load because these retards had there heads up there ass for 7 years.

complete waste of money. i'm sure there will be alot of negative reviews on this game. we'll have to be the un-biased ones to post them here along with the few positive ones that the board staff will post.

I'm not even going to get into all of the other bugs right now because i do not have enough time to type them all.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:40 AM
Registered Member

If you say so. I've put a good 15 hours or so into the game so far and haven't run into a single bug yet.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:31 AM
Approved Member

polarexpress17 look here plz http://rignroll.com/p-293.html
I guess you have to apply hotfix.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnerwetter View Post
polarexpress17 look here plz http://rignroll.com/p-293.html
I guess you have to apply hotfix.
I downloaded the hotfix (I wrote this in another thread, but got no response). When I tried to install it wouldn't work stating "a current installation of RnR could not be found". I figured there was a mistake somewhere, so I re-installed the game, and had the same problem. I contacted 1C support, and got no reply. So I contacted Impulse, and they couldn't explain it, and sent me back to 1C, and still no reply. So maybe you, Nike-it, or somebody can help me with some sort of solution. I have seen 1 or 2 others also have this problem, so I feel better that this is not just me, and an isolated problem. Now, how about a solution.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:20 AM
Approved Member

Just checked with my colleagues: Impulse version already contains hotfix. So it's normal, that you can't install it.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raishi View Post
If you say so. I've put a good 15 hours or so into the game so far and haven't run into a single bug yet.
To be fair, I would have to agree with you. I did however, see many design flaws that some could call a bug, but there is a difference. As of yet, I have not seen a bug (something that prevents you from playing the game properly). I would like to see some of Polarexpress's list of bugs, so we can judge if these are design flaws, or in-fact a bug. The one he mentioned above, I have not seen, or reported elsewhere, and I'm pretty deep in the Story-Line. Here are some examples of what I think the difference is as reported by others (I'll be brief):

Design Flaws: (you can play the game, but looks silly)
1) Truck physics (turning looks more like sliding).
2) Trailer Physics (sometimes acts independently, and appears to float).
3) No traffic lights, or stop signs at intersections off the highways (just unrealistic).
4) No pedestrians, and activity in truck-stops, or other popular places (also unrealistic).
5) Very few cabs hauling loads. Mostly Bobtails (yet another unrealistic feel).

Bugs: (prevents you from playing properly)
1) Mysterious invisible walls.
2) Truck sometimes gets hung-up, and can't move on some minor accidents.
3) Sound cuts off, or garble talking during some conversations.

I'm sure there are others. These are the one I've seen written recently, and this is only my opinion as to the difference between a bug, and a design flaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
Just checked with my colleagues: Impulse version already contains hotfix. So it's normal, that you can't install it.
Thanks a bunch. I just received an e-mail from Impulse (less then 5min ago), and they stated the same.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 03-25-2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Merged Postings Into One.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Approved Member

Am I right if there is no hotfix yet for the russian version?! the file says rnr_EN_update, so it won't work with the russian version?

btw. Polar is right, there are a shitload of bugs. The great interior bug, the great shadow bugs (in the game since the first screenshots have been showed with trucks driving around), on the hotfix list theres no mentioning of the light bug if you go in to a shop and get out (can't turn light on/off), oh and that you can't get rid of parts like the rookie mirrors, you still see them in the interior view, but not in the exterior view after you selled them, still you get your money back.

oh btw. where, softlab nsk, is the promised trackir support?! theres nothin on the hotfix list... are you kidding me?!

Last edited by Mr luder; 04-24-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:35 AM
Registered Member

Bottom line , if you experience a bug, post it in the BUG forum..we don't need 100 threads on the same stuff.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:08 PM
Registered Member

Arrow Bug Issues (English Version).

good evening
j am new in this forum ,
j have some bugs with this game in story mod
1) when j leave OXNARD warehouse goto santa barbara or le bec or
coming from santa barbara to oxnard
from lebec to oxnard in those cases when j arrive to the cross road j have a crash and the game stop.

2) When j arrive to warehouse of victorville crash again the game stop
3) same when j arrive to mojave warehouse coming from bakersville game stop again

what happend , somebody know something about that .
J have the last english version.

sorry for my english writing ,

french man from france
Old 04-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Approved Member

I'm sorry, I know english is not your first language but I can't understand what the hell you just said, all those j's are throwing me off. You know, I think he is trying to tell us something.